VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    What is the vintage of the older machine? Which CPU ? Which version of Windows?
    What stage of operations does the error occur? Is there an encode running?
    If there is a job running look for and review the log

Recreate the problem then open Windows Event Viewer and seem if an error was logged under Application or System messages
    It's an i5-3570, but running Windows 10 64-bit. So, not an antique by any means, but being an i5 is what made me suspect that it may be an AVX2 issue. I could be completely wrong about that.

The error message presents itself the instant both a video is loaded and QTGMC is enabled - i.e., when the second of those two things happen, whichever order they happen in. I can't even get as far as opening a preview, never mind actually attempting an encode.

Event Viewer doesn't report anything under System, but gives loads of errors under Application. In fact, they continue to come every two or three seconds, even after I've closed StaxRip. They're all event ID 1001 and of this nature:

Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: StaxRip.exe
    P2: 2.0.6.0
    P3: 5dc43bf0
    P4: dfttest.dll
    P5: 1.9.4.2
    P6: 59ad3f72
    P7: c000001d
    P8: 0000000000019238
    P9:
    P10:

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3 4A3.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQue ue\AppCrash_StaxRip.exe_f0eab1bec1e99b3534fa629f18 c2b359745d6_68a717a1_6b82b3d6-b71f-4f93-8c64-c343a732a64a

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 6a7ce030-2560-4245-84bc-ca9e15f84204
    Report Status: 100
    Hashed bucket:
    Cab Guid: 0
    Despite suggesting otherwise, StaxRip doesn't actually crash, and continues to function normally once I disable QTGMC again. I've never known anything like this before.

Thanks for all your help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I believe this exception code c000001d denotes opcode not supported, so the avx2 theory seems good.
    Try replacing the dll as I mentioned
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Try replacing the version of dfttest.dll (just rename it to dfttest.old) in
    StaxRip-x64-2.0.6.0-stable\Apps\Plugins\AVS\DFTTest\

with the 64 bit version in this package:
    I tried that, and now I'm getting a different error:

"System exception - Illegal Instruction
    (E:\StaxRip\Apps\Plugins\avs\QTGMC\QTGMC.avsi, line 882)
    (E:\StaxRip\Apps\Plugins\avs\QTGMC\QTGMC.avsi, line 639)"

I'm not sure whether this is a step forward or a step back.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    seems as if this version of Staxrip was built for the latest PC's - If you don't need qtgmc right click it on the main screen and select remove-
    hopefully this will stop staxrip from looking for it.
    Other options, older version of staxrip, or some other similar progam, meGui perhaps
    Quote Quote  
  5. Okay - thanks very much for the help. It looks like 1.7 from 2017 is the most recent stable version that actually runs QTGMC on this machine, so I'll have a play around with that and see if it does the job.
    Quote Quote