VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. I want to know what kind of problem? who is creating problem? where is the problem? as I said earlier as advised by Stax76 I've changed the all source filters one by one & also tried different source videos but didn't get any change in the result "Jerky Playback" output video.

Any Advise!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Something is wrong close to frame 466. If you look at the frames immediately before and after the I-frame,
    the sequence is different to all the earlier (good) I-frames in the clip. For the good key (I) frames you see sequence P-I-B,
    but at the point of the problem you see P-I-P. In all samples I have looked at the I-frame should be followed by a B-frame
    You can see this in Virtualdub2 by using the arrows to advance frame by frame.
    Why/how it is like this I do not know.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi davexnet

I need to identify why this problem occurs, what are the reasons behind this because I'm selecting all the options and encoders in staxrip no manual scripting use and looking for to resolve this problem to get the smooth and jerk free FFmpeg output mp4 videos.

Looking for the solution.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The problems exist in the source. Where did the source come from ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I didn't understand what do you mean by where did the source come from and original video downloaded from web and playing without any jerk. I'd like to inform I've tried with other source videos and I can't accept all the source videos have the problems that's why I'm getting "Jerky Playback" FFmpeg mp4 encoded video.

Looking for your response to get jerk free FFmpeg mp4 output video.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by deepfrayder View Post
    I didn't understand what do you mean by where did the source come from and original video downloaded from web and playing without any jerk. I'd like to inform I've tried with other source videos and I can't accept all the source videos have the problems that's why I'm getting "Jerky Playback" FFmpeg mp4 encoded video.

The problem exists in your file "original-video.mp4" you posted recently as I have described.
    I can't nor can anybody help with your poor q
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't understand what do you mean by where did the source come from and original video downloaded from web and playing without any jerk. I'd like to inform I've tried with other source videos and I can't accept all the source videos have the problems that's why I'm getting "Jerky Playback" FFmpeg mp4 encoded video.

The problem exists in your file "original video.mp4" you posted recently as I have described.
    I can't, nor can anybody help with your poor quality downloaded files.
    I'm done here
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi Davexnet

Thanks for the response, what will you say regarding these good quality files and still got the same problem in encoded file.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hello davexnet

Are you there …?

Hello Stax76, would you like to help to sort out this staxrip ffmpeg mp4 issue.

or

Is there anybody alive to help and advise to resolve this issue.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by deepfrayder View Post
    Is there anybody alive to help and advise to resolve this issue.
    Worked fine for me with Stax and software CRF22

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/466987916242059275/664931921004068875/Original_...65_q22_Joy.mkv
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks for the reply, actually problem occurs when we select FFmpeg mp4 output in Staxrip.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply, actually problem occurs when we select FFmpeg mp4 output in Staxrip.
    You never posted the full log. Nor did you provide enough info for somebody else to recreate the problem
    Perhaps this is why no solution was found
    Quote Quote  
  13. Nobody asked for full log here and davexnet what kind of enough info you required for the problem solution ? I'll try to provide to resolving this issue. Just tell me your requirements.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would ask if the problem only occurs with 2 pass or do you see it with CRF encoding also.
    The previous log you submitted contained only up to the first pass - no second pass or multiplex step were there
    Quote Quote  
  15. I normally encode video in 2 passes and attached herewith Original clip, Staxrip FFmpeg mp4 2 pass encoded mp4 video and a log file for your perusal.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I normally encode video in 2 passes and attached herewith Original clip, Staxrip FFmpeg mp4 2 pass encoded mp4 video and a log file for your perusal.
    I recreated the problem using a similar flow to yours, video 2-pass x264, audio copy/mux, multiplex FFmpeg.
    When you use mp4box for the mux problem does not occur. The log shows this at the mux step:

[h264 @ 00000212b7054000] Stream #0: not enough frames to estimate rate; consider increasing probesize
    and
    [mp4 @ 00000212b7ceb000] Timestamps are unset in a packet for stream 0. This is deprecated and will stop working in the future. Fix your code to set the timestamps properly
    [mp4 @ 00000212b7ceb000] pts has no value
    Last message repeated 1002 times

I would suggest you get in touch with the FFmpeg people, here is their forum
    https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/forum/

Opening the bad file in Avidemux gives this warning:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	avidemux_err2.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	51546  

Quote Quote  
  17. It's an ancient (and known) ffmpeg problem. Just don't use ffmpeg to mux H.264 elementary streams into containers (except maybe if it does not have B frames).
    https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/1598
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you sneaker appreciate that
    Quote Quote  
  19. I'm looking for the solution of this problem and it occurs only FFmpeg mp4 in Staxrip. Other containers and muxers work perfectly. Any suggestion to sort out this.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Alright, I'm a total noob at this program and haven't found much 'useful' info about the million options that aren't the few main contributors to quality. Everything I thought I knew about Handbrake for hdr content was a lie, as I didn't know it only had an 8 bit pipeline... I didn't even know what that was until yesterday.

Anyway, other than the loss in hdr data, I had the settings pretty much spot on to get a nice, small H.265 movie in a fraction of the space of the remux... So, literally the reason people use H.265. I was directed here and as I stated earlier, I don't have a clue which settings I really need to play with to get the optimal quality per gig.

I'm going to use CPU encoding as it creates the best results from what I've seen. Is there a template some of you guys use for this purpose? So far I assume I understand the presets, depth, and mode. Dare I say the quality value is similar to Handbrakes RF values, depth is bit depth, and preset is how long it takes to process the data. As for the rest of the options, I have little clue as to what I'm doing.

Can someone show me the light that can answer my problems?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Th3RadMan View Post
    I don't have a clue which settings I really need to play with to get the optimal quality per gig.

I'm going to use CPU encoding as it creates the best results from what I've seen. Is there a template some of you guys use for this purpose? So far I assume I understand the presets, depth, and mode. Dare I say the quality value is similar to Handbrakes RF values, depth is bit depth, and preset is how long it takes to process the data. As for the rest of the options, I have little clue as to what I'm doing.

Can someone show me the light that can answer my problems?
    If you can get access to the StaxRip 2.0 Support Thread on Doom9's Forum, you can see -QfG-'s summary on how to transcode HDR to HDR10 or HDR10+ using x265 on StaxRip. (Dealing with metadata to be exact.)

Here.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by JKyle; 24th Jan 2020 at 16:26.
    Quote Quote  
  22. How to add new AVISynth Filters to StaxRip
    I have spent several hours reading around and I have to admit that I simply am stumped on how to add a new AVISynth script/filter to Stax. I know how to make new filters in Stax in Profiles I have a few dozen customized filters I use all the time under MyName grouping.

I am trying to add AviSynthShader v1.6.5 into Stax so that I can try using many of the GPU shader real time filters that keep coming out that look interesting.
    https://github.com/mysteryx93/AviSynthShader/releases/tag/v1.6.5

I put the .dll and autoload file in the /plugins64+ folder and then I am lost.

I am more lost on how to import the HLSL shaders after.
    https://github.com/bloc97/Anime4K

The new Nvidia sharpen I would like to try and is available as well as Anime4K filters, both of which are real time and of great interest.
    That being said (as every other ask gets bogged down on what HLSL shaders I use as an example) the main thing I am asking is using AviSynthShader for all those interesting HLSL filters
    Quote Quote  
  23. I've been using StaxRip for a while without a problem, but I'm now trying to set it up on a slightly older computer (an i5-3570, running Windows 10 64-bit) and it's being a little temperamental. Specifically, every time I enable QTGMC, I'm greeted with the error:

"Cannot load file 'E:/StaxRip/Apps/Plugins/avs/DFTTest/dfttest.dll'. Platform returned code 1114:
    A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
    "

A quick Google seems to suggest that this is may AVX2 vs AVX problem, but what's not clear to me is what file(s) I need to replace, or what precisely to replace them with. Can anyone enlighten me, please? Or is there an older version of StaxRip that will work which I should try?

Many thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you put libfftw3f-3.dll in the correct Windows folder?
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Dfttest#Requirements
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Did you put libfftw3f-3.dll in the correct Windows folder?
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Dfttest#Requirements
    Yes - I've tried both the 32-bit .dll and the 64-bit equivalent, but still nothing.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by Mr Chris View Post
    "Cannot load file 'E:/StaxRip/Apps/Plugins/avs/DFTTest/dfttest.dll'. Platform returned code 1114:
    "

A quick Google seems to suggest that this is may AVX2 vs AVX problem, but what's not clear to me is what file(s) I need to replace, or what precisely to replace them with. Can anyone enlighten me, please? Or is there an older version of StaxRip that will work which I should try?
    Following this up, I managed to find a mention of this error on GitHub, with the apparently successful solution said to be:

"Your CPU doesn't seem to support AVX2, You have to extract the correct version to the folder and replace the existing one(the other versions are inside of a zip file that's inside the folder)."
    - https://github.com/Revan654/staxrip/issues/95

I'm probably being a bit slow here, but that's just far too vague for me. Can anyone help decipher that? Which file(s) do I need to replace in which folder, and where is this zip that contains what's necessary?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Mr Chris View Post
    "

Following this up, I managed to find a mention of this error on GitHub, with the apparently successful solution said to be:

"Your CPU doesn't seem to support AVX2, You have to extract the correct version to the folder and replace the existing one(the other versions are inside of a zip file that's inside the folder)."

I'm probably being a bit slow here, but that's just far too vague for me. Can anyone help decipher that? Which file(s) do I need to replace in which folder, and where is this zip that contains what's necessary?
    Replace it with what? An older version? When you look in dfttest-v1.9.4.3.7z, you see one dll for 32 bit and one dll for 64 bit. That's it.
    My CPU does not support avx2 (AMD FX 4300) but I have not run into this problem. According to the readme in the package,
    as long as "OPT" is not changed, the default being "0", allows for automatic selection of those CPU capabilities
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dfttest-readme.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	51992  

Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post

Replace it with what? An older version?
    That's basically what I'm asking.

When you look in dfttest-v1.9.4.3.7z, you see one dll for 32 bit and one dll for 64 bit. That's it.
    My point entirely. That thread seems to describe my issue and the vague solution is reportedly successful, but I can't make head or tail of it.

My CPU does not support avx2 (AMD FX 4300) but I have not run into this problem. According to the readme in the package,
    as long as "OPT" is not changed, the default being "0", allows for automatic selection of those CPU capabilities
    Well then the plot thickens. I've never seen this error on my regular computer, but as soon as I tried to get StaxRip running on this older machine, I simply can't get past it. I haven't changed any defaults, and both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of libfftw3f-3.dll are sitting in their respective directories. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post

Replace it with what? An older version?
    That's basically what I'm asking.

When you look in dfttest-v1.9.4.3.7z, you see one dll for 32 bit and one dll for 64 bit. That's it.
    My point entirely. That thread seems to describe my issue and the vague solution is reportedly successful, but I can't make head or tail of it.

Well then the plot thickens. I've never seen this error on my regular computer, but as soon as I tried to get StaxRip running on this older machine, I simply can't get past it. I haven't changed any defaults, and both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of libfftw3f-3.dll are sitting in their respective directories. Any ideas?
    What is the vintage of the older machine? Which CPU ? Which version of Windows?
    What stage of operations does the error occur? Is there an encode running?
    If there is a job running look for and review the log

Recreate the problem then open Windows Event Viewer and seem if an error was logged under Application or System messages

EDIT I'm going to see if I can recreate using an interlaced file and QTGMC
    Last edited by davexnet; 13th Feb 2020 at 12:54.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try replacing the version of dfttest.dll (just rename it to dfttest.old) in
    StaxRip-x64-2.0.6.0-stable\Apps\Plugins\AVS\DFTTest\

with the 64 bit version in this package:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote