VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. First off, kudos and hands down congratulations to saving me time by creating such a wonderful interface.

I have a small problem with Staxrip 1.5.0.0:

- AAC audio doesn't encode at the selected bitrate.

I have tried to use it at 16 and 25kbps and it goes right back to 32kbps now. Hell, on one encode it magically switched to 80kbps! (No clue....) That qaac 2.64 file was not updated for 1.5.0.0. Is this a bug?

Thanks,
    Dan
    Tom Green Sucks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. In console enter qaac64 --formats. If the bitrate is not listed for your source and target format qaac does not support it and will target other bitrate.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the info, I did that and they're on the formats list. There's definitely something wrong here. I've encoded some files at 16kbps/25kbps and others are still defaulting to 32kbps....I switched to the older version and it's using the correct values. I'll try to contact Staxrip.
    Last edited by danmanx; 6th Jun 2017 at 16:29. Reason: Forgot to mention qaac64 format lookup
    Tom Green Sucks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. As long as you don't provide logs and source files (or at least MediaInfo logs of them) it will be difficult for others to reproduce your problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    NVenc 3.09 out

2017.06.11 (3.09)
    [NVEncC]
    Fixed a picture breakdown when passing high bit depth y 4 m.
    2017.06.10 (3.08)
    [common]
    · Updated NVENC SDK to 8.0.
    Added option to enable weighted P-frame. (--weightp)
    · Display the build version of Windows in the log.
    - Fixed that there was a case that it was not possible to encode interleaved video with a height that can not be divided by 32.
    · To be able to compile "Video Engine Load" of GPU - Z.
    [NVEnc.
    Auo] · Updated simple installer .
    · Added upper / lower limit / initial value setting of QP.
    · Added VBR quality target setting.
    [NVEncC]
    · Supports HW decoding of 10 bit HEVC.
    Updated ffmpeg and related library dll.
    · Improved stability during HW decoding.
    · --vbr-quality corresponds to decimal point specification.
    · Added avi file reader.
    · Since the LTR Trust mode is scheduled to be deprecated in future, remove the --enable-ltr option.
    - Fixed a problem that freezes when trying to interrupt encoding when using vpy reader.
    - Fixed the case where copying of subtitles was not performed normally.
    Last edited by monster75; 12th Jun 2017 at 05:19.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Edit

NVEnc 3.10 is out and works (3.09 seems bugged).
    Last edited by monster75; 12th Jun 2017 at 13:01.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I need help please!

I have been trying to hardcode subtitles with Staxrip and its not working so I must be doing something wrong.

Staxrip v 1.4.0.0
    1 - From the main interface: Options--> Subtitles--> (check) Add hard coded subtitle

2 - From the main interface: Tools--> Advanved--> Hard coded subtitle--> I then select my subtitle file.

After I do this Staxrip shows a new Subtitle Filter under the filters section of the main interface.

I then proceed to encode the movie and nothing is hardcoded.

Thank you in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Can you try the newest test build? There have been changes to hardcoded subtitles. If MKV is an option you can use forced subtitles instead.

https://github.com/stax76/staxrip/blob/master/md/test-build.md
    Quote Quote  
  9. MKV forced subs are not an option for me unfortunately.

Long story short, I'm doing this for my Plex library and Plex sucks when it comes to forced subs in an MKV file. My best option is to hardcode subtitles and since I have a Pascal GPU, Staxrip can make the job much faster if I can get it to work properly.

I might try the new test build if I don't find another solution.

Thank You!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That surprises, I thought Plex is based on Kodi and Kodi can handle such basic things.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Yes, Plex can transcode files with subs but that uses up CPU processing power. I'm trying to eliminate transcoding as much as possible.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Stax you are doing a great work. Thumbs up

May I ask what "nvenc --weightp" should do?
    Last edited by monster75; 19th Jun 2017 at 11:56.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    Can you try the newest test build? There have been changes to hardcoded subtitles. If MKV is an option you can use forced subtitles instead.

https://github.com/stax76/staxrip/blob/master/md/test-build.md
    I have tried the last build 1.5.1.4 with this line:

--vbrhq 3000 --codec h265 --preset quality --level 4.1 --output-depth 10 --weightp --lookahead 32 --aq --vpp-deband

And it works perfectly
    Quote Quote  
  14. StaxRip 1.5 stable. If you suspend the process, put the pc to sleep and later resume it, the log screen becomes distorted, especially if it has been minimized. It could also happen because of multiple screens. Screenshot here https://s13.postimg.org/iyk6vkgpz/view.png

Otherwise, may I just say this piece of software is awesome.
    Last edited by Sp0iLedBrAt; 29th Jun 2017 at 02:16.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It could be fixed because this looks like a layout issue and I improved layout while working on improved process management.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Thank you stax76.

Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    In console enter qaac64 --formats. If the bitrate is not listed for your source and target format qaac does not support it and will target other bitrate.
    sneaker, I encode to AAC 160kbps CBR (downsampled to 16bit) with eac3to and usually the end result is 256/266 kbps VBR. Any ideas I could try here?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i'm testing the last StaxRip 1.5.1.8 with a big 1080p movie with dual audio track. I think there is a issue on parallel approach because a "normal" hdd can't handle 3 big flows at the same time and It makes a big bottleneck on video encoding.
    IMHO the result is slower than encoding one track at a time, at least with dual audio track movies.
    Maybe it could be useful to be able to pause one of the 3 jobs separately. Or something like that...
    Or maybe (madness?) the option to choose 2 working directories in 2 different HDDs. This should improve the audio encoding speed and limit the bottleneck on video one...
    Last edited by monster75; 4th Jul 2017 at 15:42.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Threading is difficult to implement and test. I've reduced the default from max 3 to 2 parallel processes, you can change it in the settings dialog.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can't find it...
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Found it. Thanks.

And do you think is it possibile to use 2 units at the same time? (2 HDDs or 1 SSD+1HDD) to improve multithreading speed?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    And do you think is it possibile to use 2 units at the same time? (2 HDDs or 1 SSD+1HDD) to improve multithreading speed?
    It's possible but potentially very difficult to do.

Requirements

.NET 4.7 is required on systems prior Windows 10 Version 1703 (Creators Update)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55170

Download

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-gPKiJYuKuITld4dzhuTC1WWWM

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=604D4754F64B0ABC!4140&authkey=!ANUm9V3vTPmEFNI&i...nt=folder%2c7z

1.5.1.9 unstable test build
    • new: context help is now implemented for all video encoders, a right-click on any label, menu or checkbox will show the help for the option, for nvenc, qsvenc and vceenc a new help browser was developed with powershell look and feel
    • new: UT Video added for ffmpeg video encoder GUI with options for: -pred (None Left Gradient Median) -pix_fmt (YUV420P YUV422P YUV444P RGB24 RGBA)
    • new: help improved for Tags in mp4box container options dialog, the help is runtime generated using the output from mp4box -tag-list
    • new: ffmpeg muxing formats menu and profiles added for: asf avi flv ismv mkv mov mp4 mpg mxf nut ogg ts webm wmv
    • new: audio target format W64 added with 16/24 bit depth option
    • new: nvenc options --cuda-schedule, --perf-monitor, --perf-monitor-interval
    • fix: cmd.exe is now used directly without batch files, this improves foreign/special character support in particular on Windows 7
    • fix: Jobs Processing window popping up while job processing even when staxrip was previously minimized
    • fix: tray icons not cleaned up
    • fix: in a few dialogs the help dialog was shown four times instead once
    • fix: broken scaling on DPI change using a multi-monitor setup with different DPI values, virtual scaling is used in that case now
    • fix: crash when cutting empty subtitles
    • change: all classes made public for powershell usage
    • update: x264 0.150.2851
    • update: nvenc 3.14
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hi, first of all thanks very much for this great software.

I'm trying do simple convert a MKV h264/DTS to an AVI xvid/MP3 with hard coded subs (to use in a mobile setup). When I select CTRL-H and select the subtitle file, I get this error.
    The DLL exists on the fs. I tried both with StaxRip x64 1.5.1.9 and with StaxRip x64 1.5.0.0.

Any suggestions how to solve this?

Thanks, Ralph

[Attachment 42400 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hi, according to Dependency Walker the vsfiltermod build staxrip includes is based on Visual C++ 2017, staxrip verifies that this runtime exists. Possibly you have something in your auto plugin folder that creates a problem. You can run some diagnostic with: Tools > Advanced > Command Prompt, enter: AVSMeter64 -avsinfo

Build 1.5.1.9 was unstable, the newest is more stable.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    Hi, according to Dependency Walker the vsfiltermod build staxrip includes is based on Visual C++ 2017, staxrip verifies that this runtime exists. Possibly you have something in your auto plugin folder that creates a problem. You can run some diagnostic with: Tools > Advanced > Command Prompt, enter: AVSMeter64 -avsinfo

Build 1.5.1.9 was unstable, the newest is more stable.
    Thanks you, for some reason the Visual C++ 2017 runtime was missing, reinstalled it and it worked!
    Quote Quote  
  25. <ignore>
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 30th Jul 2017 at 15:27.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    Why does the 1.6.0.0 stable no more support VCEEnC (AMD H.264 and AMD H.265). In 1.5.0.0 it works...?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    Why does the 1.6.0.0 stable no more support VCEEnC (AMD H.264 and AMD H.265). In 1.5.0.0 it works...?
    It's due to a bug that should be fixed in 1.6.0.2.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    It's due to a bug that should be fixed in 1.6.0.2.
    Yes, works in 1.6.0.2. Thank you
    Quote Quote