VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy a VSO converter software :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Thread
  1. First off, kudos and hands down congratulations to saving me time by creating such a wonderful interface.

I have a small problem with Staxrip 1.5.0.0:

- AAC audio doesn't encode at the selected bitrate.

I have tried to use it at 16 and 25kbps and it goes right back to 32kbps now. Hell, on one encode it magically switched to 80kbps! (No clue....) That qaac 2.64 file was not updated for 1.5.0.0. Is this a bug?

Thanks,
    Dan
    Tom Green Sucks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. In console enter qaac64 --formats. If the bitrate is not listed for your source and target format qaac does not support it and will target other bitrate.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the info, I did that and they're on the formats list. There's definitely something wrong here. I've encoded some files at 16kbps/25kbps and others are still defaulting to 32kbps....I switched to the older version and it's using the correct values. I'll try to contact Staxrip.
    Last edited by danmanx; 6th Jun 2017 at 16:29. Reason: Forgot to mention qaac64 format lookup
    Tom Green Sucks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. As long as you don't provide logs and source files (or at least MediaInfo logs of them) it will be difficult for others to reproduce your problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    NVenc 3.09 out

2017.06.11 (3.09)
    [NVEncC]
    Fixed a picture breakdown when passing high bit depth y 4 m.
    2017.06.10 (3.08)
    [common]
    Updated NVENC SDK to 8.0.
    Added option to enable weighted P-frame. (--weightp)
    Display the build version of Windows in the log.
    - Fixed that there was a case that it was not possible to encode interleaved video with a height that can not be divided by 32.
    To be able to compile "Video Engine Load" of GPU - Z.
    [NVEnc.
    Auo] Updated simple installer .
    Added upper / lower limit / initial value setting of QP.
    Added VBR quality target setting.
    [NVEncC]
    Supports HW decoding of 10 bit HEVC.
    Updated ffmpeg and related library dll.
    Improved stability during HW decoding.
    --vbr-quality corresponds to decimal point specification.
    Added avi file reader.
    Since the LTR Trust mode is scheduled to be deprecated in future, remove the --enable-ltr option.
    - Fixed a problem that freezes when trying to interrupt encoding when using vpy reader.
    - Fixed the case where copying of subtitles was not performed normally.
    Last edited by monster75; 12th Jun 2017 at 05:19.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Edit

NVEnc 3.10 is out and works (3.09 seems bugged).
    Last edited by monster75; 12th Jun 2017 at 13:01.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I need help please!

I have been trying to hardcode subtitles with Staxrip and its not working so I must be doing something wrong.

Staxrip v 1.4.0.0
    1 - From the main interface: Options--> Subtitles--> (check) Add hard coded subtitle

2 - From the main interface: Tools--> Advanved--> Hard coded subtitle--> I then select my subtitle file.

After I do this Staxrip shows a new Subtitle Filter under the filters section of the main interface.

I then proceed to encode the movie and nothing is hardcoded.

Thank you in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Can you try the newest test build? There have been changes to hardcoded subtitles. If MKV is an option you can use forced subtitles instead.

https://github.com/stax76/staxrip/blob/master/md/test-build.md
    StaxRip - use pastebin for log files and postimage for screenshots
    Quote Quote  
  9. MKV forced subs are not an option for me unfortunately.

Long story short, I'm doing this for my Plex library and Plex sucks when it comes to forced subs in an MKV file. My best option is to hardcode subtitles and since I have a Pascal GPU, Staxrip can make the job much faster if I can get it to work properly.

I might try the new test build if I don't find another solution.

Thank You!
    Quote Quote  
  10. That surprises, I thought Plex is based on Kodi and Kodi can handle such basic things.
    StaxRip - use pastebin for log files and postimage for screenshots
    Quote Quote  
  11. Yes, Plex can transcode files with subs but that uses up CPU processing power. I'm trying to eliminate transcoding as much as possible.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Stax you are doing a great work. Thumbs up

May I ask what "nvenc --weightp" should do?
    Last edited by monster75; 19th Jun 2017 at 11:56.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    Can you try the newest test build? There have been changes to hardcoded subtitles. If MKV is an option you can use forced subtitles instead.

https://github.com/stax76/staxrip/blob/master/md/test-build.md
    I have tried the last build 1.5.1.4 with this line:

--vbrhq 3000 --codec h265 --preset quality --level 4.1 --output-depth 10 --weightp --lookahead 32 --aq --vpp-deband

And it works perfectly
    Quote Quote