VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have not seen any references to this but this was included in the Kodi nightlies sometime after the first of the year. If you have Mpeg2 videos (DVD format works also) with Closed Captions it is now possible to view them. Download the latest Kodi nightlie and go to System, Video, Subtitle Settings and activate Parsing CC. They will showup after you start the video and activate them via the subtitle settings. I know this will help a lot of people with hearing difficulties and congratulations to the Kodi Team for including this nice feature.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Good to know.

Does vlc media player support cc? I remember I had to use PowerDVD several years ago to get cc to work with dvds.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    VLC should work for CC according to this: http://www.closed-captioning.net/turn-closed-captioning-vlc-media-player/

I haven't tried it as I don't have any video with CC AFAIK.
    I also saw at another site that the video needed line 21 and that is only on videos at least 720x486 or there is NO line 21 to write to. I can't confirm that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    VLC should work for CC according to this: http://www.closed-captioning.net/turn-closed-captioning-vlc-media-player/

I haven't tried it as I don't have any video with CC AFAIK.
    I also saw at another site that the video needed line 21 and that is only on videos at least 720x486 or there is NO line 21 to write to. I can't confirm that.
    VLC can display CCs when playing DVDs. I use the feature fairly often to test whether a DVD has closed captions.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!