VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try DVDFab and copy, convert or make Blu-rays and DVDs! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yep,
    It didn't used to do so, but when I use Avisynth to import and export an MP4 to/from VDub, I get a 0 byte empty file. I'm using scripts that utilize FFMPeg if that matters, though it's probably not enough information. In all fairness, if I knew what info to provide as help, I wouldn't have an issue
    Quote Quote  
  2. Why are you using VDub? Why not use a program that accepts AviSynth scripts and encodes for MP4? I use RipBot but there are many others.

Or did I completely misunderstand you?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    VirtualDub can be used, it supports export to external encoders and multiplexers since v1.10. But to know what's wrong, we would need to know your whole encoding set (you can "Export" it to an XML like file, IIRC) and the log of your failed export task.

There are indeed tools which may be more useful for this job, like MeGUI (for experienced users who need much freedom) or StaxRip (for less interaction) or Hybrid (by Selur, multi-platform GUI).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I, can, not, believe I didn't know it can do that ... *massive facepalm*
    Yet again, Sir, great thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    LigH.de, my apologies, as I forgot to reply to your response. For now it seems that all I was looking for was solved by manono's answer. Thank you though
    Quote Quote