VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone,

I am in the process of transferring some pretty old tapes that are around 25 years old. Most of the tapes still have surprisingly good playback. However, I noticed that some tapes have this constant thin blurry horizontal line that comes down the screen at a constant rate. Does anyone know what causes this? I am using a Digital 8 camcorder, it seems that other videos play well so I believe it has something to do with the tape. Is it possible to perhaps even fix it with a professional? Would this be taken care of via a TimeBase Converter? much thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Post a short sample. You can attach files when you post(Upload files/Manage attachments).
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Sounds like a wrinkle/crease in the tape. If true, that's bad - both for the tape & its current data (cannot really fix, though can digitally noise-reduce) as well as for future tapes/data (wrinkles/creases are bad for the playback head).

Scott
    Quote Quote