VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a background image 1920x1080 that I use as Logo. On previous versions it filled up the entire background (the one that is displayed when no file is opened). Now I removed the previous version that was from the end of 2013 and installed the newest version from Jan 2015. When I added the image, is centered and I see a huge black line on the left and right of the window. Is there a way to make it fill the whole background as it was in the old version> I see View - Presets have some options Compact, Normal etc but they do not do what I want. Can I somehow configure this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Is your screen resolution 1920x1080(or any 16:9 aspect ratio)?

Maybe it stretched the logo before but no longer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes my screen res is 1920x1080. I reverted back t o 2013 version and the logo is filling the entire screen as I want it. It is something in the new version.. Also I used a newer version from 2014 - 1.7.6_x64 also gives it at full screen and the versions after that 1.7.7 and 1.7.8 the background doesn't display on the whole screen.
    Last edited by programm; 26th Jan 2015 at 15:52.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Okey. Then it sounds like a bug.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good. I reported it to them as bug even if it wasn't bug.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I guess they are treating the logo at the proper aspect ratio.

Think about it. If a 1920*1080 image fills the window when you have all the menus and controls visible, that image has been stretched. Not by much but it is still stretched.

Now do likewise with a 1920*1080 video (in a version that showed the logo without a border) and you should have a border left and right on the video if the window is enlarged but not played full-screen. That is how I see it. The video is resized to fit the window so is no longer 1080 pixels. The width must also be changed to keep the AR.

You can consider it a bug or, if I am correct, a correcting feature.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!