VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was wondering that the subtitle edit has a feature of subtitle translation to any language and it uses Google translate to do it

but is it accurate??

The reason i am asking this is because i downloaded an anime with english subs and then after two hours i see the same anime with French SUBS

I ASKED THEM why they release a bit late. they said it takes time to translate the subs to FRENCH ( I Figured they dont use the subtitle edit Translate feature as it takes only 1 min to translate the .srt file to Any Language )

Sorry For Bad English
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by anime12345 View Post
    I was wondering that the subtitle edit has a feature of subtitle translation to any language and it uses Google translate to do it

but is it accurate??

The reason i am asking this is because i downloaded an anime with english subs and then after two hours i see the same anime with French SUBS

I ASKED THEM why they release a bit late. they said it takes time to translate the subs to FRENCH ( I Figured they dont use the subtitle edit Translate feature as it takes only 1 min to translate the .srt file to Any Language )
    Are you serious?

Translation requires a level of expertise computers have not yet mastered. I'd say we are 20 years away from that. And 50 years away from being found obsolete, but that is another discussion.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In my opinion, no. Online translators are okay for casual work, I guess... but if it's important or even critical, you're far better off using a human native speaker/translator.

For example (and I hope this displays correctly), here's what Google Translate does to your post when I had it translate to Japanese, then back to English:

Japanese:
    私は字幕編集はあらゆる言語に字幕翻訳の機能があり、それはGoogleがそれを行うに変換する使用してい ることを疑問に思っていた

それは正確である?

私は英語の潜水艦でアニメをダウンロードしてから2時間後、私はフランス人SUBSと同じアニメを見るので 、私はこれを求めていた理由は、

彼らは少し遅れをリリースなぜ私は彼らに尋ね。彼らはそれが(私は、彼らはそれが唯一の1分を取るように任 意の言語へ.SRTファイルを変換するために字幕編集機能を翻訳使用していけない考え出し)フランス語に潜 水艦を翻訳する時間がかかると述べ

悪い英語のため申し訳ありません
    English:
    I have a subtitle editing function of subtitles translated into any language, it had been wondering that you are using Google to convert to do it

It is accurate?

2 hours after I download anime in English submarine, because I see the same animation as the French SUBS, why I had asked this,

They why release a little late I asked them. Time (I, they it is only dont translated using the subtitle editing function is figured in order to convert the .SRT file to any language to take a 1 minute) they have it to translate the submarine to French and said that it takes

Sorry for bad English
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The translation feature isn't accurate at all,it just does a simple word translation without the nuances of the language in given text so it comes out bad,for example:The moon rose over the horizon->floating the moon used the skyline over.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Ai Haibara View Post
    In my opinion, no. Online translators are okay for casual work, I guess... but if it's important or even critical, you're far better off using a human native speaker/translator.

For example (and I hope this displays correctly), here's what Google Translate does to your post when I had it translate to Japanese, then back to English:

Japanese:
    私は字幕編集はあらゆる言語に字幕翻訳の機能があり、それはGoogleがそれを行うに変換する使用してい ることを疑問に思っていた

それは正確である?

私は英語の潜水艦でアニメをダウンロードしてから2時間後、私はフランス人SUBSと同じアニメを見るので 、私はこれを求めていた理由は、

彼らは少し遅れをリリースなぜ私は彼らに尋ね。彼らはそれが(私は、彼らはそれが唯一の1分を取るように任 意の言語へ.SRTファイルを変換するために字幕編集機能を翻訳使用していけない考え出し)フランス語に潜 水艦を翻訳する時間がかかると述べ

悪い英語のため申し訳ありません
    English:
    I have a subtitle editing function of subtitles translated into any language, it had been wondering that you are using Google to convert to do it

It is accurate?

2 hours after I download anime in English submarine, because I see the same animation as the French SUBS, why I had asked this,

They why release a little late I asked them. Time (I, they it is only dont translated using the subtitle editing function is figured in order to convert the .SRT file to any language to take a 1 minute) they have it to translate the submarine to French and said that it takes

Sorry for bad English

thankx u everyone for all yOur answers

Submarine ahahahahaha i laughed out hard at that One
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    Translation requires a level of expertise computers have not yet mastered. I'd say we are 20 years away from that.
    20 years? Much to learn you still have, my young apprentice

As for the unfixable deficiencies of Google Translator, yet another example...

source: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%81%96%E5%B0%91%E5%A5%B3%E8%89%A6%E9%9A%8A%E3%83%90%E3...83%BC%E3%83%88

result: { from https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://ja.w...25E3%2583%2588 }

Umino sea breeze (Unno sea breeze)

16-year-old (17 years in the game version). Tokushima Prefecture born. Nakano women branch school two like production. Eliminates the parents at an early age, and was raised in the distantly related Sakisaka house. Mai and is engaged, to enroll in Nakano women branch school in accordance with the will of the parents of "be married Mai After graduating from Nakano women branch school".
    Results because it is considered "sufficient if the time being graduated" is always the lowest, is not particularly practical lesson which is also received once and Savory every time. However, it is a virgin energy owner projecting the in students, it means that it was seen to that use the ability to British Maro undergo enlisted test virgin fleet Corps opportunity. After pass the test I experience join the Virgin fleet Corps.
    May in the battle with Nicola (which turned out to be you were alive after) that were killed in particular to try Toritomeyo the enlistment is shocked, but repel the bombing King close to Yokohama Recall May of words, officially I enlisted in the Virgin fleet Corps.
    Shiokaze surely wouldn't approve that whole lot of garbage
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!