but is it possible???
    Quote Quote  
  2. Of course.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Of course.
    If So Howcan I???

I Am using the program megui

and how can i select which language subs i want to pla when i play the file on ps3 xbox or any other stand alone players
    Quote Quote  
  4. You should probably follow Videobruger's advice in this thread:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/369734-Hardcode-subtitles-with-background-in-MP4

megui is insufficient on its own. You will need a tool like subtitle edit to do the repositioning.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by anime12345 View Post
    and how can i select which language subs i want to pla when i play the file on ps3 xbox or any other stand alone players
    Choosing a subtitle is in direct conflict with your thread subject which asks how to "HardSub Multiple Subtitles". You CAN'T choose subs when you hard sub. "Hard sub" means the subs are ALWAYS showing and CAN'T be turned off at all.

So what exactly are you asking about? Example please.
    Quote Quote  
  6. As above: What exactly are you asking about?

Anyway, in MeGUI you could use a AviSynth script like this to hardcode subtitles at top and bottom:

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\vsfilter.dll")
    DirectShowSource("C:\v\TopBottom\Video.mp4")
    TextSub("C:\v\TopBottom\Bottom.srt")
    TextSub("C:\v\TopBottom\Top.ass")

(Perhaps using something else than DirectShowSource depending on your source)

And get something like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	TopBottom.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	29857

-if thats what your after.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Choosing a subtitle is in direct conflict with your thread subject which asks how to "HardSub Multiple Subtitles". You CAN'T choose subs when you hard sub. "Hard sub" means the subs are ALWAYS showing and CAN'T be turned off at all.

So what exactly are you asking about? Example please.
    Hi I Am asking to choose the subs

i have hardcoded English subs to video file using megui before

now for example i have two subtitles Of Spanish and English language

is it possible to burn them or hardcore them both

because the ps3 cant support softsubs Directly
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by anime12345 View Post
    Hi I Am asking to choose the subs.

Did you not understand what you were told? You were shown an example of two different subs being hardcoded. Once hardcoded they are no longer selectable. You can have them selectable or you can have them permanent. You can't have both.
    Can I HardSub Multiple Subtitles??
    If you understand what you were asking in this thread's title, the answer is 'yes' and videobruger already showed you how.
    Last edited by manono; 23rd Jan 2015 at 04:33.
    Quote Quote  
  9. If it's for ps3 using selectable softcoded subtitles maybe what you are looking for is a streaming solution like PS3 Media Server? No need for MeGUI.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Hi I Am asking to choose the subs.

Did you not understand what you were told? You were shown an example of two different subs being hardcoded. Once hardcoded they are no longer selectable. You can have them selectable or you can have them permanent. You can't have both.
    Can I HardSub Multiple Subtitles??
    If you understand what you were asking in this thread's title, the answer is 'yes' and videobruger already showed you how.
    ok so this is what i want finally

1. I know how to hardsub a subtitle file to a Mp4 using megui (I Have done it with anime)

2. Now for examply i have two srt files one is spanish and other is english

Is it possible to hard sub both?? or only one

and if i want both i should soft sub it ????
    Quote Quote  
  11. You're using ps3 so your options are limited.

AFAIK this older thread is still valid:
    http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-165540.html
    If you decide you want to hardsub, Videobruger's advice stands.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by anime12345 View Post

Is it possible to hard sub both??
    You've been told several times the answer is 'yes'. You only need the VSFilter and that one of the subs be in a format (ASS, SSA) where you can choose the position, either directly above the other one, or at the top of the screen as in videobruger's example. The other sub can be in any format that the VSFilter supports. If both are in SRT format, change the SRT one to ASS or SSA, open the the resulting file in Notepad and change the vertical position to where you want it. Test it first before doing the encoding. videobruger also showed you an example of a script you can use within MeGUI.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!