VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I wonder what software to use for making a DVD w/o menus, that simply runs when the disc is inserted, like the source mp4 would if played in a video player such as KMPlayer.

Thank you.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Tried avstodvd?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Tried avstodvd?
    Yes, I did just now, but it seemed to 'offer' to make a menu. Am I wrong about that? Can I opt out of having a menu made in AVStoDVD?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tack för den videobruger.

När jag laddade ner DVDStyler från sourceforge.net kom installern med diverse crapware inklusive en browser-hi-jacker (Vi-view.com Search) utan opt-out-möjlighet.

Tack och lov är jag ingen nybörjare så skiten är bortrensad nu, men det hade jag aldrig väntat mig av SourceForge. (SourceForgery fr o m nu).

Så, inga sådana rekommendationer här, tack, videobruger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Adware removal.jpg
Views:	1024
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	29810

log-filen från Adware Removal Tool:

Adware Removal Tool v3.9
    Time: 2015_01_18_12_40_52
    Account Name: John
    U0L0S16

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Repair Logs \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Deleted - File - C:\program files\Winamp\Plugins\Milkdrop2\presets\stahlregen + geiss + shifter - babylon.milk
    Deleted - File - C:\program files\XTab\SupTab.dll
    Deleted - RegistryValueData - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extension Compatibility\{2A0F3D1B-0909-4FF4-B272-609CCE6054E7}:dllname
    Deleted - RegistryValueData - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extension Compatibility\{2A0F3D1B-0909-4FF4-B272-609CCE6054E7}:masterclsid
    Deleted - RegistryValueData - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extension Compatibility\{2EECD738-5844-4A99-B4B6-146BF802613B}:dllname
    Deleted - RegistryValueData - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extension Compatibility\{472734EA-242A-422B-ADF8-83D1E48CC825}:dllname
    Deleted - RegistryValueData - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extension Compatibility\{97F2FF5B-260C-4CCF-834A-2DDA4E29E39E}:dllname
    Deleted - RegistryValueData - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extension Compatibility\{98889811-442D-49DD-99D7-DC866BE87DBC}:dllname
    Deleted - RegistryKey - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE:Conduit
    Deleted - RegistryKey - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWAREupTab
    Deleted - RegistryKey - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE:Conduit
    Deleted - RegistryKey - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extension Compatibility:{2A0F3D1B-0909-4FF4-B272-609CCE6054E7}
    Deleted - RegistryKey - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extension Compatibility:{2EECD738-5844-4A99-B4B6-146BF802613B}
    Deleted - RegistryKey - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extension Compatibility:{472734EA-242A-422B-ADF8-83D1E48CC825}
    Deleted - RegistryKey - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extension Compatibility:{97F2FF5B-260C-4CCF-834A-2DDA4E29E39E}
    Deleted - RegistryKey - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extension Compatibility:{98889811-442D-49DD-99D7-DC866BE87DBC}

\\ Finished
    Last edited by VenusAndMars; 18th Jan 2015 at 07:02. Reason: CRAP-ware från SourceForge..!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Avstodvd doesn't make any menu by default. Just add the mp4 and hit convert.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Avstodvd doesn't make any menu by default. Just add the mp4 and hit convert.
    OK, tack.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Så, inga sådana rekommendationer här, tack, videobruger.
    Of course you can opt crapware out.

Here for an older version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzlPGx-iQmM

Else install the portable version

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dvdstyler/files/dvdstyler/2.8.1/

No crapware.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'll second the avstodvd recommendation. Frankly I've never seen a dvd encoder/author program I actually liked but that was the best.

And it'll do a dvd without menus just fine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, opting out didn't work for me. Anyway I think the whole deal is sneaky. Either state at the beginning: "To make a few bucks, we would like to let our sponsors install their crapware on your PC" and a Yes/No option right up front. Or refrain altogether. The sneaky approach is not good for DVDStyler's credibility. Still, I'll go with AVStoDVD this time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I guess I missed that. 'See, I didn't expect that from SourceForge. But even downloads from Cnet, once a trusted site, are now replete with crapware. Anything to make a buck I guess.

It is much better, and less sneaky, if software developers ask for a donation up front - which I will gladly give if their stuff is any good.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by VenusAndMars View Post
    It is much better, and less sneaky, if software developers ask for a donation up front - which I will gladly give if their stuff is any good.
    And was AVStoDVD good for your purpose, at the end?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I ended up using DVDFlick after all this. But thanks for asking.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by VenusAndMars View Post
    I ended up using DVDFlick after all this. But thanks for asking.
    I may move to DVD Flick from my recent attempt to get AVS to DVD working. I had Baldrick's guide printed and followed that. Then after hours and hours of a two pass process it popped out an error. I was so furious I didn't copy the error down. There was plenty of HD overhead. I am using Win 7.

Just now I am going to read the comments on B's original AVS to DVD for beginners and see if any clues are in that before tying up machine time again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I feel for you. Video manipulation is no easy matter and whenever I have worked myself into a fury over just such situations as you describe, I suspect that some people authoring software in this field, either like to complicate things out of general spitefulness, or don't really know what they're doing.

This area is special, to say the least. I know of no other 'PC activity' that raises my ire - every time - as thoroughly and predictably as video editing and DVD authoring.

Audio editing (using Audacity) is delightfully easy and straightforward by comparison. True, video manipulation is more complicated and heavy on the resources, but this...

It's like pulling teeth, every single time.
    Quote Quote  
  15. The videohelp team is fairly patient with tantrums, some more than others.

I re-did the procedure and made notes this time as the errors occurred in the
    sub-programs or those which it branches to such as:

App crash in Win 7 a Dos routine to encode audio which warned about wav file larger than 4 Gb.

then... ' could not write to the standard output'

Closing this brought up FFmpeg which runs

Muxman runs

and my 2hr 23 min. content then shows completed in AVS to DVD.

Some of the steps show completed in green, other uncompleted steps in red.
    However one cannot click on these to get the final steps done.

The button with icon for Imgburn lower right wanted to start the encode process again.

The Baldrick guide shows a manual start of Imgburn is necessary.

My task is to find the 4449 mb file and it's name after all that. AVS has a subdirectory called
    'Video' which is a likely prospect.

I think some errors are related to Win 7 x64 where there are two program directories,
    one for x64 and one for x86 older Win programs.

I am still at it but I'm going to go over the DVD Flick manual pdf again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVDFlick is fine, but I think it's in 'arrested development', i.e. the latest version was released 2009-06-26 according to SourceForge. It's not being developed anymore it seems, but it works fine as it is.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by VenusAndMars View Post
    DVDFlick is fine, but I think it's in 'arrested development', i.e. the latest version was released 2009-06-26 according to SourceForge. It's not being developed anymore it seems, but it works fine as it is.
    I do these DVD tasks rarely but I think I used Flick about a year ago. That one had more menu layout options. And as far as being current, my hardware is way old anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Just checked the DVD Flick I got from here at videohelp-- recommended.
    That shows an edition from Oct 2013.

I'm running DVD Flick now on that 2 hr 23 min mp4 to see if it's fool proof.

You said you don't want a menu or the original poster did. How do you run it in a dvd player
    without Start?

Menu selections are very simple on this DVD Flick. I recall more selections on something I used
    previously. I don't keep all the progs on all HD instals because I thought I wouldn't need
    to make DVDs with other possibilities. But one friend I know only has the stand alone player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    You said you don't want a menu or the original poster did. How do you run it in a dvd player
    without Start?
    I am the OP. It just starts, like a movie in a theater - but w/o advertisements or sneak previews of other stuff. The first screen...

Name:	dvd1.jpg
Views:	820
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	30913

...then the next...

Name:	dvd2.jpg
Views:	784
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	30914

...and this is the first image from the movie...

Name:	dvd3.jpg
Views:	805
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	30915

This is just the way I like it, no irrelevant anything - 'just the facts, ma'am'.
    Last edited by VenusAndMars; 28th Mar 2015 at 15:07.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Ok so in this, you load the disk and ask for it from VLC.

What I'm doing is making some media for someone with only a stand alone player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pretty much all DVD Authoring apps support 1st play options. That means when the disk is inserted into the standalone dvd player, it goes strait to the 1st Tittle and plays.

Nothing special here, this is a very basic function........
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Pretty much all DVD Authoring apps support 1st play options. That means when the disk is inserted into the standalone dvd player, it goes strait to the 1st Tittle and plays.

Nothing special here, this is a very basic function........
    Good to know.

This time around I have spent a lotof time encoding but still have no DVD.

DVD Flick goes through it's whole process but does not burn. Without pouring through a long pdf what else has to be done to ge the content onto the disk? Note that DVD Flick says that DVD authoring is finished.
    Quote Quote  
  23. A box pops up and says ready to burn and would you like to make a cd/dvd.

Saying yes just transfers to the desktop and does not execute a DVD burn. This is the sort of thing
    that I should be able to do without printing out a $15.00 manual.

I will return when I have calmed down.
    Quote Quote  
  24. So use ImgBurn instead, to burn it to disc. It's better anyway (unless that's what DVDFlick uses as well).
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    So use ImgBurn instead, to burn it to disc. It's better anyway (unless that's what DVDFlick uses as well).
    Hello again manono.

Well so many errors seem to occur with strange dvd file formats-- m2v is one I think and .dfprog in DVD Flick is another. These things don't even register in Imgburn.

I'll go through the DVD Flick manual tomorrow. It has lots of screen shots and such. But reading the .pdf is fatiguing. I prefer book pages.

These newer program updates (DVD Flick is 2013) should not be stopped or confused by Win 7.

But if DVD Flick has a button at top of the form that says 'Make DVD' whatevs, I expect the
    drive to start going and the light to come on. What I got was a return to the beginning of the HCencode routine.

For the record the input file is an mp4 generated from a much larger TS file in Handbrake.

It plays fine in the reduced size.

Since I make DVD's so rarely I may have missed something.

I consider this still somewhat on topic since the OP was looking for a simple way to make DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hehe, I can't help you with DVDFlick as I've never used it. An M2V is a video-only file that often is DVD-complaint but isn't a DVD. I have no idea what a .dfprog is, maybe a DVDFlick project file. Neither can be burned as a DVD by ImgBurn or any other DVD burning program.

If you don't have a VIDEO_TS file out of DVDFlick, then maybe I'd I suggest taking your video (M2V), audio (probably AC3), add them into Muxman and author them followed by burning to disc using ImgBurn. If you do have a VIDEO_TS file with the IFOs, BUPs, and VOBs inside, then it's ready to be burned to disc with ImgBurn. Since creating DVDs is what DVDFlick does, if you didn't get a VIDEO_TS file out of it I'd guess you did something wrong. You don't even have to read the manual (although it's often a good idea), but check the guide to see if you did everything correctly:

http://beginwithsoftware.com/videoguides/dvd-flick-guide.html#.VRdWg46GNt0

For the record the input file is an mp4 generated from a much larger TS file in Handbrake.
    Maybe you had a reason for reencoding for MP4 before making the DVD, but the usual procedure is to go straight from source file to DVD without that unnecessary and visually degrading intermediate step. If DVDFlick doesn't accept TS files as Input either use AVSToDVD or maybe stick it into an MKV container.
    Last edited by manono; 28th Mar 2015 at 23:36.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Hmmm. All this file alphabet soup again.

I believe I can go back and find the original TS file. This was the original. I think it was a screen cap. Even that has some rough spots. That is my starting point.

Back in AVStoDVD.

Muxman and all that ran in AVStoDVD. What is the completed file in AVStoDVD called and how to get it into Imgburn (which I don't like either.) And where is it? All this should not be so opaque.

And why all the hippity hop around in programs with AVStoDVD? If others had to go through
    this they would give it a zero rating. I mentioned that there was an error when it hopped out to DOS at command to run an audio encode. I'm not going to try to reconstruct any of that.

Lets just start over and no one say how easy it is. And don't say "basically".

That guide you showed is different from the author's. It looks straighforward enough. However I prefer to go step by step here to avoid more gotchas.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    What is the completed file in AVStoDVD called
    I've no idea as I've never used it. Somewhere there should be a VIDEO_TS file with the VOBs, IFOs, and BUPs inside. If you've installed ImgBurn and checked a box, AvsToDVD will also burn the DVD to disc for you. Many like to check out the DVD before then burning it to disc manually. Again, there are guides:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/353284-AVStoDVD-beginners-guide-Any-video-to-DVD-Video

If others had to go through this they would give it a zero rating.
    There are many pleased users of the program. If you run into problems there's a dedicated thread where you can ask.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!