VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

Is it possible to send the output of the x265 encoder using MPEG2 TS, encapsulated with both audio and encoded video?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. No, x265 itself does only handle video. It's a video encoder.
    If you want audio&video handling you should use something like ffmpeg, which supports and is compiled with libx265.
    (Or you need to process audio&video separately and demux, decode, encode, mux them in separate steps.)
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. @selur thanks for your reply..

Now i am using ffmpeg. I managed to get the webcamera input and encode them using libx265. And the code is now working. My new requirment is to get the audio as well. But its not clear to me how to sync the hevc encoded video and say aac encoded audio after decoding them. Is there a perticular way to do this?? And also is libx265 support decoding as well??

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Is there a perticular way to do this??
    The decoding, audio handling and synching and outputing to ... should all be done be ffmpeg if configured correctly.
    Without really knowing what your command line look like at least I can't really advise more than to read some of the ffmpeg documenations out in the web.

And also is libx265 support decoding as well??
    No, it's for encoding only. (libav nowadays should be able to decode H.265 content)

@moderators: Since this is the official x265 encoder thread, could someone separate athukoralakasuns requests/questions into a separate thread, since they are not really about the x265 encoder, but more a general usage problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Perhaps pipe can be used - not sure what is h.265 status in ts mux used by ffmpeg.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Actually i am trying to write a code rather than using the CLI program to do this... my requirement is to send aac encoded audio and hevc encoded video through a TS link and decode them at the other end.. at the moment i hav done the hevc encoding.. i need to figure out how to sync the audio and video at the decoder end..

Hope som1 can point me in the right direction. .

Thank you..
    Quote Quote  
  7. -> Look at the sourcecode of ffmpeg, it should already be able to do what you want.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I c... thanks.. i will look into that...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    The GPAC package also contains a tool called MP42TS, so if MP4Box can create HEVC + AAC in MP4, this tool may be able to further remultiplex this MP4 into TS with some typical additional features for transport streams...
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!