VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys I wanted to know how to use Ripbot as maximum possibilities.

Im actually doing 2 passes + 99999 bitrate but the quality isn't that good ...
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    99999 bitrate???

What is your source?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    99999 bitrate???

What is your source?
    You mean the input video ?

Its an AVI 1820x720 no compressed
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use mediainfo to get all details. I doubt it's not compressed.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Eyhou View Post
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    99999 bitrate???

What is your source?
    You mean the input video ?

Its an AVI 1820x720 no compressed
    I just want the best settings for my video ... its a short clip from sony vegas
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm out.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are NO universal one size fits all encoder settings. Depends on the nature of the input video. That's what makes encoding difficult ... and I'm out too.
    Quote Quote  
  8. The best setting would be: --qp 0 , click profile and at the bottom erase everything that is there and input that command manualy: --qp 0
    that is lossless setting, no difference to original, but enormous size and you'd not to play video fluently unless you add --keyint 30 or even down to 1 (size even bigger) , it needs power to play it back, also hardware devices might not play it at all.

So you have to compromise, choose something CRF 15, and leave everything as is, ripbot names it mode CQ. If you are not satisfied with result, go down with that number. The smaller number , the bigger the size, but only tiny bit better. When you reach certain number, you would hardly see any difference though, so choose it wisely ...
    Quote Quote  
  9. And if the uncompressed AVI is RGB, and you want to keep RGB, you need to add --input-csp rgb --output-csp rgb
    Quote Quote  
  10. I just might add, back up that profile in text form (that command line for that profile) before replacing it with that --qp 0, so you can restore original values, not sureat the moment if you can reset it then ... but anyway that --qp 0 is nonsense, you end up using that CRF setting with regular profile. That lossless is usable only with very short --keyint or 1 and for some intermediate usage, not for final viewing purpose ...
    Quote Quote