VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. 12
    Last edited by Paxmilitaris; 14th Jan 2015 at 13:43.

2. Originally Posted by Paxmilitaris View Post
    I liked this site, but now i tried MP4 Modifier, a software that can't even OPEN MP4, let alone modify them and when i posted a negative comment about it, the comment was removed.

Conclusion, this site sucks.
    MPEG4Modifier ? It's for AVI container - MPEG4-ASP (MPEG4-ASP or MPEG4 part 2; eg. DIVX, XVID etc...), not MP4 container (MPEG4 part 14)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-4#MPEG-4_Parts

It even says so in the description

MPEG4 Modifier modifies a MPEG-4 ASP video (AVI with XviD, DivX) without re-encoding (change aspect ratio, edit userdata, remove or add packed bitstream, and change interlaced field order).

3. It's Mpeg4Modifier, not MP4 Modifier. It only works on MPEG 4 Part 2 encoded video (eg: Xvid, Divx) in an AVI container.. It's clearly stated in the instructions.

4. So, what should i use to fix an MP4 that stops working half way trough. The image is stuck and the audio just loops.
    Last edited by Paxmilitaris; 14th Jan 2015 at 13:44.

5. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Paxmilitaris View Post
    So, what should i use to fix an MP4 that stops working half way trough. The image is stuck and the audio just loops.
    Start by opening a new thread, please.

Originally Posted by form
    Please don't post questions, this is NO support or discussion list. Use our forum for that.

6. 12
    Last edited by Paxmilitaris; 14th Jan 2015 at 13:44.

7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    How am i supposed to know that Mpeg4 means AVI and not MP4?
    Well, if you learned more about video terms that would be one way instead of just posting a few times a year when you have a problem and then going away. The description did have enough information for a knowledgeable person to understand what it was to be used for. And it's an old program from the days before there was what is now called MP4. Really, it's fair to say that you should have known from the part of the description that says " (AVI with XviD, DivX)" that it wasn't what you were looking for. Whose fault is it really that you didn't understand that?

Anyway i can delete this thread?
    No. That's how the moderators want it.

8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You suck.

But I added AVI to the description. Before it just said Divx, XVID.

9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I liked this site, but now i tried MP4 Modifier, a software that can't even OPEN MP4, let alone modify them and when i posted a negative comment about it, the comment was removed.

Conclusion, this site sucks.
    Yes, this website's moderators review and remove posts that criticize tools based on ignorance of what the tool is supposed to do. The moderators did you a favor by removing it.

How am i supposed to know that Mpeg4 means AVI and not MP4?
    You would have needed to read and understand the program description.

So, what should i use to fix an MP4 that stops working half way trough. The image is stuck and the audio just loops.
    I don't see any free tools listed on the "Video Repair" page for fixing broken or damaged mp4 files. Video Repair Tool is the only tool I found on that page which claims to do that, but it isn't free or low-cost.

10. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Well, if you learned more about video terms that would be one way instead of just posting a few times a year when you have a problem and then going away.
    From time to time, i try to fix my video files the way i want them, but it usually ends with frustrations and not being able to do what i want, so i leave it alone and go do something that i know will work.

Is this VideoHelp or VideoHelpForProfessionals?

11. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try "remux" the mp4. Open it in for example mp4box (or a gui for it like mymp4boxgui) and make/mux a new one. Or in avidemux, open and save as a new mp4.

12. I redownloaded the file instead.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Well, if you learned more about video terms that would be one way instead of just posting a few times a year when you have a problem and then going away.
    From time to time, i try to fix my video files the way i want them, but it usually ends with frustrations and not being able to do what i want, so i leave it alone and go do something that i know will work.

Is this VideoHelp or VideoHelpForProfessionals?
    Yes.....MP4, .mp4, MPEG4, AVI and .avi are very confusing to many people.....I still don't understand all of it 100%.....but that doesn't stop me from asking for help.
    Do brain surgeons SUCK because you don't know how to do brain surgery?
    AND....nobody here created/made MP4Modifier, someone else made it and provided the description and it's capabilities.
    This is me being NICE because I know I still have a mental block when it comes to the AVI-MP4 "container" stuff, but don't come back here being a dick.

14. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I redownloaded the file instead.
    Great. Problem solved....