VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    While I guess FlashVideoDownloader for Firefox is the best and powerful grabber so far for most youtube and flash videos, recently I've run into a site I am very interested in but even FlashVideoDownloader could not grab the streaming videos on that site. It usually gives a very small file like 30Byte or 25Byte and obviously you know that is not the video. I have tried a lot of other addon/extension but they are pretty the same thing. Somebody suggested screen recording to me but we all know those programs are not an intelligent solution. (Huge files and poor resolution). I have also tried those small stuff used to locate temporary and cache files but it obviously doesn't work and I guess those programs are nothing but a gimmick for click-rate only.

I am here faithfully looking for anyone who can suggest the real working way to download video on that site (or some sites that are very indestructible), while the captured/grabbed video should be as loseless as possible.

Thank you everybody in advanced
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    I was trying to make an educated guess as to which one of the almost 700,000,000 million websites you are referring to. After a few guesses I ventured I'd better give up.

So eh, how about just mentioning the site?

Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    I was trying to make an educated guess as to which one of the almost 700,000,000 million websites you are referring to. After a few guesses I ventured I'd better give up.

So eh, how about just mentioning the site?

sorry if I could mention, I would have already mentioned. Btw, the site requires authentication login. Maybe I guess all streaming videos in browsers must be first ''downloaded'' itself to somewhere in a computer before/during its playback, isn't it? I guess it's possible to grab any videos with this logic... I know it maybe a little bit more difficult, but I am willing to learn.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried any stream downloader software(not browser addons) like getflv, vso downloader, https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/video-streaming-recording ? It's very hard to recommend any without knowing the site.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    How about Replay Media Catcher? Can it capture most of the streaming videos in a loseless way
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. But it doesn't support all sites/streaming services.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Would Nir Sofer's videocacheview be of any use? I know it works with IE.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by kenny1999 View Post
    sorry if I could mention, I would have already mentioned.
    Huh?

You can't mention the site you have a question about?

Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by joeandmarg0 View Post
    Would Nir Sofer's videocacheview be of any use? I know it works with IE.
    I tried tried this one, it didn't look like working with even other common sites.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!