VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi - I have a Canon XA20 camcorder recording to a SDXC Class 10 card. My friend (the coach) has asked me to shoot his high school game. I would like to record in AVCHD mode, 24 Mbps. For convenience, I would like to burn the whole game on one BD-R disc (or one BD-RE disk). Last season, I recorded the games in MP4 format, converted to DVD-Video (MPEG2) using Any Video Converter software, and presented several discs to the coach for each game. This worked very well but now I'd like to be able to just give them one disc (for convenience.) And have that one disc be compatible with most stand-alone Blu-ray players which the team uses for their game analysis.

So far, I was succesful in burning three test .mts files recorded in AVCHD format to a BD-R disc but they will not play on my stand-alone Samsung BD-F5700 Blu-ray player. I'm not surprised the files don't playback after watching Florian Fahrenberger's YouTube video which emphasizes the importance of the AVCHD folder structure.

Please help if you can - thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can try free bluray/avchd authoring programs like tsmuxer, bdtoavchd, avchdcoder. Add the mts and author. Burn the bdmv folder with imgburn.

Or use commercial bluray programs like tmpgenc authoring works.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you Baldrick for your prompt reply and advise. I'll try the commercial approach using tmpgenc authoring works and see how it goes.

Best,

David
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!