VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Some videos only offer 1 resolution.

Is it better to downscale a 1080p video on a 19"?
    Or upscale a 720p on a 22"?

The biggest 720p TV at the local store is 19".
    The smallest 1080p TV at the local store is 22".

I sit like 2 feet from the TV.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by videohalp View Post
    The biggest 720p TV at the local store is 19".
    Man, that's big!

Beats mine:

The times, they are certainly changing!

Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Some videos only offer 1 resolution
    What videos offer more than 1 resolution ?!?!?!
    LOL!!
    It's either encoded in one resolution or another, or another, or another, they don't come with a res selection.

Personally on a screen that small I don't think you will notice any difference, depending on the video of course.

I would get the 22" 1080 tv if I was getting something that small to watch just because it does offer the higher res.

I have a 27" 1080p LED in my bedroom and I watch it from about 3-4 feet when going to bed and I have watched both 720 & full 1080 res videos on it and being that small and watching it from that distance I really don't see a diff. but I also watch a lot standard def dvd's on it and I can tell the diff. but it is so miniscule it really does not matter as I am watching the content.

Now when I am sitting in my living room and watching my 46" 1080 LED form about 4-5 feet away I can see a lot of difference in different res videos.
    But then again, only if I am being anal and watching the video instead of just watching and enjoying the content.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!