VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am attempting to author a Blu-ray from an MKV file using BD-Rebuilder. The problem is that when I import the file (which contains video, audio, and subtitles) BD-Rebuilder, after importing the file and finishing its "build pseudo-BD structure" task, does not list the audio among the imported tracks. It only had the video and subtitles. I went ahead and finished fully authoring a Blu-ray folder structure, and sure enough, there was no audio.

In the MKV file, the video is AVC and the audio is PCM.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Install mkvtoolnix and MKVCleaver. Demux the pcm audio from the mkv file.

Download tsMuxeR, and use the tsMuxeRGUI to add the pcm audio stream to the m2ts file from the Blu-ray you've just made with BD Rebuilder. Output to a new Blu-ray video.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Install mkvtoolnix and MKVCleaver. Demux the pcm audio from the mkv file.

Download tsMuxeR, and use the tsMuxeRGUI to add the pcm audio stream to the m2ts file from the Blu-ray you've just made with BD Rebuilder. Output to a new Blu-ray video.
    First of all, I just noticed that I misspelled BD-Rebuilder in this thread's title. Sorry about that.

I'll have to re-author the Blu-ray again (I had deleted the folder because it contained no audio). After that, I'll try the method you described, and see if it works.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Did you empty the Recycle Bin too? You might be able to restore it.

If the video and subtitles in the mkv are already compliant to Blu-ray specs, you just need to import the mkv file into tsMuxeRGUI. If not, then you'll need to re-encode.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Did you empty the Recycle Bin too? You might be able to restore it.

If the video and subtitles in the mkv are already compliant to Blu-ray specs, you just need to import the mkv file into tsMuxeRGUI. If not, then you'll need to re-encode.
    I had already emptied the Recycle Bin.

The video has to be re-encoded, as it is 1920x824. That is why I was using BD-Rebuilder.

Before authoring the Blu-ray again with BD-Rebuilder, I'm trying something else. I used tsMuxerR to remux the MKV file into a TS file, and am importing that into BD-Rebuilder, to see if it will accept the audio that way. If not, I'll just author the Blu-ray from the MKV file again and try the method you suggested.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I implemented the method you advised, and it worked. Thank you for the advice.

By the way, do you know how to force a subtitle track in tsMuxeR? I would like to force the first subtitle track (which is for a few scenes where characters speak a foreign language), and can't find a way to do it in tsMuxeR.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    No, I don't know how to do that with tsMuxeR, nor even if it is possible.

You can do it in BD Rebuilder. Right click on the subtitle in the main window of BD Rebuilder and click on the instruction to Turn Subtitle ON.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    No, I don't know how to do that with tsMuxeR, nor even if it is possible.

You can do it in BD Rebuilder. Right click on the subtitle in the main window of BD Rebuilder and click on the instruction to Turn Subtitle ON.
    When I right-click on the subtitle in BD-Rebuilder, nothing happens.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Only works in Movie-Only mode, I believe
    Is he gone?
    Quote Quote  
  10. There are a couple other ways to turn a subtitle to default ON, but it only works for movie-only:

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?59584-Movie-Only-ISO-Forced-Audio-and-Subtitle-Editor

Use v1.1 for BD ISO, v2.1 for BD files. You have to register to download.

Or this, though the above (very easy to use) programs have pretty much made it unnecessary:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/365145-How-to-turn-on-subtitle-by-default-on-movie-...39#post2328339
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by gonca View Post
    Only works in Movie-Only mode, I believe
    Ah, that explains it.

Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    There are a couple other ways to turn a subtitle to default ON, but it only works for movie-only:

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?59584-Movie-Only-ISO-Forced-Audio-and-Subtitle-Editor

Use v1.1 for BD ISO, v2.1 for BD files. You have to register to download.

Or this, though the above (very easy to use) programs have pretty much made it unnecessary:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/365145-How-to-turn-on-subtitle-by-default-on-movie-...39#post2328339
    Thank you. That looks like exactly what I'm looking for. If either of those (especially the first) work correctly, that should be much easier than using BD-Rebuilder again.

By the way, I have a slight problem regarding file size. When I did as Kerry56 recommended (creating the Blu-ray with BD-Rebuilder, then using the m2ts file generated by it and muxing it and the audio file into a new Blu-ray structure using tsMuxeR), the final result was a bit too big to fit on a BD-25. You see, when BD-Rebuilder created the initial Blu-ray folder structure, it calculated the size the file needed to be without any audio. When I muxed the audio in seperately, the final result was 23.7 GB, a bit too large for a BD-25 (which can only hold up to 23.28 GB).

The root of all this difficulty is the PCM audio. Not only will BD-Rebuilder not import it, but neither will AVCHDCoder. I don't know if it is PCM audio in general, or just the PCM audio in this particular file. Either way, it appears that it is a source of difficulty for at least two programs. After I created the Blu-ray structure with tsMuxeR using Kerry56's method and loaded it into BD-Rebuilder, it imported the PCM audio. But it still won't import it as part of the original MKV file.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Is there a reason to keep it as PCM audio? I'd convert to 448kbps AC3, if I needed a bit more room to fit onto a disc.
    Quote Quote  
  13. There's always custom size output option in BDRB.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Is there a reason to keep it as PCM audio? I'd convert to 448kbps AC3, if I needed a bit more room to fit onto a disc.
    I prefer not to lose any audio quality.

Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    There's always custom size output option in BDRB.
    The default for the custom size setting is 23500 MB. What size would you recommend? It only needs to be ever-so-slightly smaller than the output for the BD-25 option, because the results of the BD-25 option were only very slightly too big after adding the audio.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    23500 MB is the default size for BD 25. Make your custom size smaller than this by the amount you overshot the BD 25 size
    Is he gone?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by gonca View Post
    23500 MB is the default size for BD 25. Make your custom size smaller than this by the amount you overshot the BD 25 size
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote