VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have used BR rebuilder to shrink a BR 50 GB movie to BR 25 GB movie to my hard disk successfully and I have some questions. On WinDVD I had to navigate the menus using the keyboard, is that normal and if it will not affect when I see the movie on a blue ray player. Another question is the ISO image I created from the hard disk took about 6 hours and about an hour or so to rip with AnyDVD HD. With my curent setup, what would you upgrade first to speed up the whole process, and my final question is if I have to uninstall the klite codec pack I have on my computer in case it has conflicts?

Any help appreciated.

My PC specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93 Ghz
    Nvidia Gforce GT 620 2GB memory
    2048 DDR2 memory
    Sound Blaster X-fi music Sound Card
    Seagate 250 GB HDD
    WDD 250 GB HDD
    Iomega 1TB external HDD
    Pioneer BDR-209DBK Blue Ray Drive
    LTR 40125S CD-ROM
    Samsung SH-222AB DVDRW
    Thermaltake 750W Smart PSW
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I don't use WinDVD, so I cannot tell you if it has mouse support. If you've made a full backup in BD Rebuilder, the menu should work properly in a stand alone Blu-ray player.

The best way to speed up the process in BD Rebuilder is to get a faster cpu. There are quad core cpus that might work in your current motherboard, but you would only find them used, and you would need to make certain that such a Core2 Quad cpu would work in your current motherboard. It might work with or without a newer bios for the board, but without knowing the model motherboard you have, and your current bios version, I cannot be certain this would work.

In any case, a modern quad core processor will be much faster. And there are six and eight core cpu's as well. But this would mean upgrading your entire computer, including a new motherboard, cpu and memory.

Instead of upgrading hardware, you can try the High Speed Option in the encoding modes when compressing to fit a 25gb disc, and that might help.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi,

This motherboard is at least three years old and with no problems so far, the info can be found here http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3500#ov I think it may be wiser to build a new computer entirely as you suggested despite my motherboard supporting a core 2 quad cpu.

Thanks for the reply.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!