VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello

I am trying to burn a Video DVD. I want to play the video automatically on media player or any other player that supports 'wmv' file, whenever the DVD inserts in Dvd Rom. I don't want to give users default multiple options , I just want to play the video whenever user inserts DVD.
    Kindly guide me how to enable this option using Nero Ultra or any other Dvd burner software.

Regards
    Taha
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by tahakirmani View Post
    Hello

I am trying to burn a Video DVD. I want to play the video automatically on media player or any other player that supports 'wmv' file, whenever the DVD inserts in Dvd Rom. I don't want to give users default multiple options , I just want to play the video whenever user inserts DVD.
    Kindly guide me how to enable this option using Nero Ultra or any other Dvd burner software.

Regards
    Taha
    You are not going to make a "Video DVD" containing a wmv file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As above.

I do not use Nero but it may have an option to create a 'Video Disk' ie a video on a dvd disk which is not a DVD-Video. There could also be a setting within that app to play that video automatically upon insertion in a PC-Drive.

Such a disk will NOT play in a stand-alone dvd player unless you were to encode the video as xVID or Divx but success there will depend on the player. So, practically, it is PC playback only.

You can do this outside Nero by creating a data disk which has the video file burnt on to it plus a 'auto-run.inf' file which is a script file with a command that runs when the disk is inserted. But, again, a user can turn auto-play off which makes this less useful.
    Quote Quote  
  4. DB83's autorun.inf will work on an HTPC with Windows, provided you build a playlist, burn it on the disc and have the inf point Windows media player to it. Otherwise it will be dependent on how your media player box handles media on DVD. Nero or any other burning package has no functionality to make a data DVD filled with movie files autoplay, short of generating a playlist for Nero Showtime.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!