VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Rocksoul webcam (WK107BB) and would like to use it for webcam recording [long term] (days). I tried Video Essentials [NCH Software] and had trouble recording over 17 hours. It seemed suitable for short recordings (under 2hrs.) Can anyone suggest a software package or recommend a webcam recording solution for longer than 24/48 hours?

Galen (Respectfully)

Galen Swain
    408 772-3209
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8914[1].JPG
Views:	589
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	29540  

Quote Quote  
  2. I've used Contacam before and it worked well. You can even set a motion detection zone to start recording.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks

I'll definitely check it out. Are you confident that it will record 24-48 hours?

Here's a cool product I found that might also be a solution for me. I have 5 fixtures that I wouldn't mind cam'd up and simultaneously recording. Of course for now, I'm just looking for 1 fixture and recording that goes over 48 hours or through a weekend.

https://shopper.mycommerce.com/checkout/cart/item/3CCSYEA-A6747V

I really appreciate your help, thanks again and Happy New Year.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I had a camera hooked up to a laptop and was running it non-stop everyday with motion detection. It has a 24hr DVR mode, don't know what happens after 24hr, I guess you'll have to try. I never considered recording every seconds of a day, it's not very helpful when you're trying to find an event.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks again. We can calculate the interval of the events that we are looking to capture (approx. 40sec window with 3min intervals). I like the motion detection application. I can easily see the benefit of not searching for the events.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I think yawcam software (free) can do it. It has a scheduler and a motion detector also. You really don't want to run a camera for days unless it has some kind of stop motion feature. Like the poster above said, you will spend days trying to find something on the file. I have a game camera that takes stop motion shots and even that takes me hours to scan all the shots looking for just the right one.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks TreeTops

I'll check that out too. I like the sound of a scheduler function. I can definitely see the usefulness for that now and for future test protocols.

Galen (Respectfully)
    $
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!