VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Decided it was time to get a bit more serious and got Vegas 13. I've learned the basics (I think) but I have still pretty basic stuff that I dont know how to do. See if you can help:

I want to be able to have a fade in or fade out that doesnt necessarly start at 100% or end at 0%. For example. A video starts normally, then it fades out at 50%. The way envelopes work in Vegas, I can't move it in a way that it doesn't end at 0%. It always ends in 0%. This is so annoying and was easy to do in Camtasia.

Another thing that was easy to do in Camtasia is animations. I could drop any image and tweak it in the preview window. In Vegas, you have to use the separate Pan/Crop window which is pretty annoying compared to just directly moving stuff around in the preview window. I wonder why we dont have the option to do this.

It was also easy to drop in simple anotations, like animated arrows and whatnot.

Other than that im loving being able to drop a lot of effects and masking without leaving the video editor and having to resort to After Effects.

Anyway, see if you can at least help me with the fade thing for now, since I got a project stopped because of that.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Insert a track composite level . On the line, shift + left click the mouse button to insert "knots" (control points). Drag them up or down to increase or decrease the opacity. You can right click them for preset interpolation options as well
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rocco123 View Post
    Another thing that was easy to do in Camtasia is animations. I could drop any image and tweak it in the preview window. In Vegas, you have to use the separate Pan/Crop window which is pretty annoying compared to just directly moving stuff around in the preview window. I wonder why we dont have the option to do this
    Because animations in Vegas are done in a much more sophisticated manner that couldn't possibly be represented or manipulated on a preview window.

Some of the Fx, like Bump Map, have little handles in the preview window to aim or position the Fx. But nothing is ever an object that can be selected.

Camtasia is designed as an easy-peasy presentation maker. Vegas is a full blown editor.
    Last edited by budwzr; 8th Jan 2015 at 21:22.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!