VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I would like to reauthor blu rays, so I can add menus and chapter information. These files are already blu ray compliant of course so I would like to do this without having to reencode the videos. I would also like to author blu rays with h.264 videos that are fully blu ray compliant. I have tried different bluray authoring programs, (tmpgenc authoring works, power producer 13, nero video 2015), but they all reencoode the videos, at most some of them have a form of "smart rendering" capabilities but they still reencode. I just want to leave this videos untouched and put a nice looking blu ray menu, that's it. I have seen this issue asked on different forums without a clear answer. Is there a program that could accomplish this?
    For example, I use a old program called tmpgenc dvd author 1.6 for DVD's, it authors dvd's without reencoding, in fact it won't let you add a video to your project unless is fully DVD compatible. It has no encoding capabilities. I just want a program that authors blu rays without reencoding videos that are already blu ray compliant. Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are you sure they are blu-ray compliant? Post the video details.

You can use the free tsmuxer to author and it will not reconvert....but no menus and chapters then.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for your response. They are fully compliant, in fact some of them are already in blu ray, but just one whole track, I want to add chapters and put menus, which is also why tsmuxer is not an option that would work for me. It seems there is a lot of very capable video editing software out there, and some of them like powerdirector have blu ray authoring tools, but surprisingly they are not nearly as good as the rest of the product
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You can try multiAVCHD which is free, but in my opinion it's not easy to use. There are some documents on how to use it so I suppose you can try. If you have problems with it you can ask for help, but there are no guarantees that your problem can be fixed.

I share Baldrick's concern that your files may not really be BluRay compliant if all those programs are re-encoding them automatically. Please note that a lot of files on the internet use AAC audio and that's not compliant for BluRay. Using AAC audio might cause an authoring program to re-encode everything. Certain frame rates also aren't allowed at certain resolutions. For example 24 fps is not valid for 720p video and there are a lot of files on the internet that use 24 fps 720p video.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I will send some info on some of the files, but as I said some of this videos are already on blu ray discs, fully playable on blu ray players, I just want to reauthor them adding menus and chapter info
    I have tried multiAVCHD in the past, it is very hard to use for menus, and I think it does a poor job with them anyways.. And the output video I got when I used it was not very good I thought.
    Quote Quote  
  6. If they are retail blu-ray discs then they should already be compliant. Unless you made a mistake somewhere in ripping the discs. Describe your steps how you got to this point with "one whole track"

Then another possible explanation why the other authoring programs would re-encode is you used the wrong settings. e.g. maybe you set project to 24.0p, when asset is 23.976p

Post mediainfo report (view=>text) of some of the videos
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by f_calero View Post
    I will send some info on some of the files, but as I said some of this videos are already on blu ray discs, fully playable on blu ray players, I just want to reauthor them adding menus and chapter info
    I have tried multiAVCHD in the past, it is very hard to use for menus, and I think it does a poor job with them anyways.. And the output video I got when I used it was not very good I thought.
    Many Blu-Ray players can play non-compliant media files burned as data from a BD-R disc. Only the video and audio on an authored Blu-Ray video discs are guaranteed to be fully compliant.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 4th Jan 2015 at 13:32. Reason: removed extra word
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by f_calero View Post
    I will send some info on some of the files, but as I said some of this videos are already on blu ray discs, fully playable on blu ray players, I just want to reauthor them adding menus and chapter info
    Many Blu-Ray players can play non-compliant media files burned as data from a BD-R disc. Only the video and audio properly on an authored Blu-Ray video discs are guaranteed to be fully compliant.
    The blu ray that I am intending to reauthor was not saved as just data, it is on a BDMV folder on blu ray structure, it even has a menu, but with just one chapter, it just plays the entire track. I just want to add chapters and put another menu
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there some reason why you can't post a MediaInfo report from its Text view? You will likely get more help (and faster help) with that information than without it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Is there some reason why you can't post a MediaInfo report from its Text view? You will likely get more help (and faster help) with that information than without it.
    I am not home at the moment. I will put the media info data later today. Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use the VSO Video Converter for authoring bluray/avchd discs with menus without reencoding the compliant files.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by djnice View Post
    I use the VSO Video Converter for authoring bluray/avchd discs with menus without reencoding the compliant files.
    Thanks will take a look at that one
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!