VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. In the following youtube video I'm going to link, the person has a really good, cool looking scroll background which he places his text over and their are sparkles going over the screen. It looks really good and I don't know whether that is just a background and then he has another layer with text over it or what.

What program is this person using? And how does this person do it? I mean, it's basic but I'm a noob to video editing outside of Windows Movie Maker and I really want to know how to do this. I want mine to look really good like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmqZcNB9z_Y
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Oh boy...that video gets a HUGE thumbs-down from me.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like a link spam.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Sure does.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hmmm... when someone tells you 3 times it's "really good", then alarm bells do start ringing.

So click the link & hit that thumbs down icon. That'll teach 'em.
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HowDoIDoThis View Post
    Those STUPID theories remind me of Robert Charroux, the "father" of the "ancient-astronauts" thing.
    I hoped the «conspiracies out-of-time» had died after the infamous sub-pseudo-documentary 'Zeitgeist'...
    Unfortunately, I hoped too much
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Those STUPID theories remind me of Robert Charroux, the "father" of the "ancient-astronauts" thing.
    I hoped the «conspiracies out-of-time» had died after the infamous sub-pseudo-documentary 'Zeitgeist'...
    Unfortunately, I hoped too much
    Ahh, conspiracy theories. The refuge of the ignoramus.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Sounds like a link spam.
    I'm not joking. I just wanna know how to do it. Seriously.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by mike20021969 View Post
    Hmmm... when someone tells you 3 times it's "really good", then alarm bells do start ringing.

So click the link & hit that thumbs down icon. That'll teach 'em.
    I'm happy you thumbs down the video, I don't like the guy, but I wanna know he did that good editing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can do that simple editing with any multi-track video editor. A good free one is Aviutl.

This is basic editing 101, nothing special.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A quick example I did in less than 2 min.

*** Oops, I did it so fast, I misspelled Tittle.........
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	scroll.gif
Views:	1215
Size:	501.3 KB
ID:	29470  

Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post

Thanks, yes yes, I know, I'm a noob. His one still looks alot better though...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post

I just couldn't find a good scroll background, and one more question please, the same person has another video which I'll link, how do you do what he done with the background, it looks like he embedded another image in a background so it's like faded in within the background and he put the text over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC494HqC_G0
    Quote Quote  
  14. You could steal the scroll background from the youtube video -- there are frames where the scroll is blank. Then you overlay text onto that. Then you overly the animated particles onto the whole thing. Actually, I think the guy overlaid the particles before overlaying the text.

<edit>
    I did all of this with AviSynth. Starting with a blank scroll image from the Youtube video:

Click image for larger version

Name:	blank.jpg
Views:	870
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	29472

I overlaid some text:

Name:	text.jpg
Views:	770
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	29473

And made a brighter version to overlay onto it:

Name:	bright.jpg
Views:	854
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	29474

I created an animated mask by finding a frame with little or no "snow" and subtracting that from the video, massaged it a bit to remove some noise and get it into a suitable range. One frame from the mask:

Name:	mask.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	29475

Then made a video overlaying the bright image onto the text image using the animated mask:

Name:	overlay.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	29477
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 4th Jan 2015 at 12:13.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search PM
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    I posted it on the other forum first because that one had less viewers on the threads, I justt wanted my question answered. I promise I'm not a spammer.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    you could steal the scroll background from the youtube video -- there are frames where the scroll is blank. Then you overlay text onto that. Then you overly the animated particles onto the whole thing. Actually, i think the guy overlaid the particles before overlaying the text.

<edit>
    i did all of this with avisynth. Starting with a blank scroll image from the youtube video:

[Attachment 29472 - Click to enlarge]

i overlaid some text:

[Attachment 29473 - Click to enlarge]

and made a brighter version to overlay onto it:

[Attachment 29474 - Click to enlarge]

i created an animated mask by finding a frame with little or no "snow" and subtracting that from the video, massaged it a bit to remove some noise and get it into a suitable range. One frame from the mask:

[Attachment 29475 - Click to enlarge]

then made a video overlaying the bright image onto the text image using the animated mask:

[Attachment 29477 - Click to enlarge]
    omg, thanks!

Seriously, thankyou
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You could steal the scroll background from the youtube video -- there are frames where the scroll is blank. Then you overlay text onto that. Then you overly the animated particles onto the whole thing. Actually, I think the guy overlaid the particles before overlaying the text.

<edit>
    I did all of this with AviSynth. Starting with a blank scroll image from the Youtube video:

[Attachment 29472 - Click to enlarge]

I overlaid some text:

[Attachment 29473 - Click to enlarge]

And made a brighter version to overlay onto it:

[Attachment 29474 - Click to enlarge]

I created an animated mask by finding a frame with little or no "snow" and subtracting that from the video, massaged it a bit to remove some noise and get it into a suitable range. One frame from the mask:

[Attachment 29475 - Click to enlarge]

Then made a video overlaying the bright image onto the text image using the animated mask:

[Attachment 29477 - Click to enlarge]
    You managed to create the snowflake effect, do you know where I could find other effects like that? E.g. fireflies, little sparks, flames etc? Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by HowDoIDoThis View Post

You managed to create the snowflake effect, do you know where I could find other effects like that? E.g. fireflies, little sparks, flames etc?

Those types of things fall under the broad category of "particle effects". Usually they are produced with a particle generator in effects programs like After Effects , Hitfilm, etc.... aviutl can do some of those for free. You can purchase pre-rendered versions at various web stores as well that have stock footage/ templates (e.g. videohive.net), and you just drop the layer onto your video editor or compositing program.

Obviously something like WMM won't work here (you need multiple tracks/layers) . A free multitrack editor/compositor is aviutl. You can do this with avisynth like jagabo showed above, but avisynth is all code based (typing scripts - so can be difficult for a beginner; but it's very useful and powerful once you learn the basics)
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post

You managed to create the snowflake effect, do you know where I could find other effects like that? E.g. fireflies, little sparks, flames etc?

Those types of things fall under the broad category of "particle effects". Usually they are produced with a particle generator in effects programs like After Effects , Hitfilm, etc.... aviutl can do some of those for free. You can purchase pre-rendered versions at various web stores as well that have stock footage/ templates (e.g. videohive.net), and you just drop the layer onto your video editor or compositing program.

Obviously something like WMM won't work here (you need multiple tracks/layers) . A free multitrack editor/compositor is aviutl. You can do this with avisynth like jagabo showed above, but avisynth is all code based (typing scripts - so can be difficult for a beginner; but it's very useful and powerful once you learn the basics)
    Right I got it, thanks, I was testing out editing programs and now I have Corel VideoStudio, it's simple and has everything I need.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post

So I checked out this videohive.net site, it's really good with a lot of stuff and I'll definetely purchase some things in the future.

For the overlay graphics like smoke, rain etc. All I have to do is drag that into the overlay track right? Thanks, you guys helped me alot
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by HowDoIDoThis View Post

For the overlay graphics like smoke, rain etc. All I have to do is drag that into the overlay track right?

It's supposed to work that way in most programs. I don't use videostudio - you might have to do some extra steps like interpret the alpha channel. Most of the prerendered videos should have "alpha channel" or transparency. But there are different compositing or layer modes that you should have in videostudio, that when combined with opacity levels that can give you different types of final effects (e.g. you might want particles brighter, or show up more, or sometimes you might want them to glow, or more dim, etc....)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ jagaboo you are the Avisynth master............

Yeah everything is adjustable with settings like speed, seed, direction, rotation, variable swirl and opacity.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just verified that VideoStudio (X17) automatically sees the alpha channel.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!