VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been in the dark too long... I've been assuming all this time that I needed a capture card with a tuner (AIW Radeon), or a special video-only setup in order to capture video... then I notice that many (if not most) of the recent Geforce 4 and ATI Radeon cards have a VIDEO-IN. I can only assume it's meant for capture.

So, maybe I can have the best of both worlds?...

At this point, I do all captures using the S-Video patch into the AIW Radeon, I'm no longer using the tuner portion. And I'm capping to Huffy AVI format...

The only question I have? How do these capturing features perform on the gaming cards? I'm particularly interested in anyone who has a new Geforce 4 Ti card, or one of the newer, faster Radeon boards... suggestions, please!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    A GeForce 4 will always and forever kill an ATI "anything" with respect to gaming (ATI should just give up). If gaming is a consideration for you, get the GeForce!

I have an old ASUS GeForce 1 and it's great for gaming AND it's video capture quality is excellent imo.

My 2 cents.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the response...

Yeah, my focus is squarely between gaming and capture, but if the Geforce 4 Ti's have excellent S-Video input capture ability (which is all I need since I no longer use the tuner)... then it appears that it's a no-brainer.

Thanks...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Or if you're like me and can't afford a Gefore 4, I got a Radeon 64mb DDr vivo w/Video In and Video out. I use video in/out constantly for capturing and hooking my pc up to my tv so I can play dvd's that way. I can also play games like quake 3, black and white, alice, all the new high res games with the resolution and graphics turned all the way up with no slowdown. i got the video card for 150$ @pricewatch.com, if you're interested.
    Quote Quote