VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, dear all.

1) Does it possible to join / muxing Webm video files + audio files?

2) If it is possible, which programs do I need for this task?

3) The audio files must be in some specifical formats to be muxed into webm? Any convertion into specifical audio format / specification is needed?

4) If ffmpeg is the program that can help in this task, how to use it? Only command line use? Any GUI for this specifical task: muxing / joining video + audio files ?

Thanks for the tips!

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    WebM has specific requirements. It may contain VP8 / VP9 video (developed by Google) and Ogg Vorbis / Opus audio, multiplexed into an MKV container with some restraints. I would recommend trying the converter "Hybrid" (made by Selur). More suggestions on the WebM Project tools page...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello!

Thanks for the tips!

My goal is just testing for curiosity: if I go to youtube and would wanna get some videos from there ( or similar places).

If I use such add on ( for Firefox) to get the videos ( or similar sites ), just using program like from this link:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/complete-youtube-saver/versions/

And get some separated "streams" and wanna mux / merge audio + videos in Webm format, how to proceed!

Best regards!

devil (johner)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Probably using the mkvtoolnix package (mkvmerge for CLI or mmg as GUI), adding the streams and enabling WebM restrictions (mmg: in the "Global" tab) before saving the MKV as *.webm file.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!