VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. using dvdfab 9.176 to rip settings: copy as 3d output bd25. when done the movie plays just fine when mounted to virtual drive but when burnt to disc doesn't play. in standalone player menu comes up with no background picture and pressing play just goes to blank screen and in power dvd it says power dvd can't read a file playback stopped. I have used this procedure for non 3d blu-rays before and never had a problem although I used an older version of dvdfab. I use imgburn to burn the discs at max speed which never caused problems before with the 2ds I have done. so could the problem be burn speed? would it make any difference if I mounted to virtual drive and burnt from there rather than the folders themselves?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    maybe you could try to output directly an iso instead of a folder.
    or maybe the problem is because you are using an old version of DVDfab with a recent 3D bluray disc.

You should update dvdfab to last version and if it's not working, you can try BD-rebuilder (it's free and it can compress 3D bd50 to 3D bd25)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    As suggested, try BD-Rebuilder. We've had reports of it working for 3D BluRay backups. I have no idea what DVDFab does in shrinking 3D BluRay down to BD-25 size so maybe it does something strange.

I live in the USA and I recently bought the 3D BluRay "Inferno" from Amazon UK. I ripped it to produce a region free copy and burned that without change, but because the main menu uses 720x576 resolution, my Samsung 3D BluRay player stops playback as soon as it hits the menu. I think it's possible for me to use BD-Rebuilder to produce a movie only backup that will work on my player, but I haven't done so yet. I mention this only because if you did something like me (bought a 3D BluRay in a different region from where you live) it might be a good idea to provide more details.

Finally, I've had problems with some brands of BluRay discs in my various BluRay players. Verbatim consistently gives me the best results. You might mention what brand and type (RE? LTH? BD-R?) of disc you burned to.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I am using memorex BD-R have only used a few but didn't have problems till I tried 3D. The Backups I ripped to the harddrive play correctly in power dvd its just after burning to disc that they don't play, so I think it may be a disc or burning problem just not sure. I was hoping someone had experience doing it this way and could tell me if the fault lies in disc/burn or dvdfab.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!