A friend of mine has a Sony BDP-BX320 blu-ray (US). She's trying to find a region free hack, but so far we can't find anything. Have read a little bit about something called firmware that might work. Does anyone know a hack or anything about how to make the player region-free? Thank you.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
NOT gonna happen.
Is there a reason?
It's a Sony.
It's a Blu ray player.
Well, aren't you just ever so helpful? *******.
Nobody here makes hacks. Nobody here hides hacks. There is no "paying your dues" to receive a hack. DVD hacks are almost non-existent nowadays, and Blu Ray hacks never were existent. Sony machines are SOOOO bad in this aspect that many of the early Sony DVD players were designed to NOT even play home made DVDs.
So please drop the attitude. If it's a Sony.....forget it.
Lexmark and Sony two companies to avoid!
For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
Yes I was a bit blunt and I do apologize for that.
Please don't come back here saying:
"I found a hack for this no thanks to anyone here and I won't share it because you were so mean".....
If you're still around, jshaye, here's what you need to know as succinctly as I can put it. hech54 was blunt and short because this stuff gets asked all the time and we've found that if we provide a lot of details and explanation, many newbies won't read it.
1) Most USA/Canada sold players CANNOT be made region free whether DVD or BluRay players.
2) NOTHING sold by Sony and Samsung in the USA/Canada can be made region free.
3) The days when any old player could be bought and probably unlocked are long gone. Every year fewer and fewer store bought players can be unlocked.
4) If you live in the USA/Canada and want region free, you should buy from sellers like these. The cost is higher because they modified the hardware to make the player region free, but at least they work.
5) If by some miracle you buy a player in a store and it actually can be unlocked by a code, do NOT ever update the firmware or it will probably permanently break region free mode. I'm not referring to hardware modified players like in #4.