VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    How can i make my own BRRip XviD?
    i dont know much about encoding etc so i would need some help with my question..
    or give me a link to an already made guide/tutorial because i didnt find one for that
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Do you absolutely need Xvid? Most of us use H264 in mkv or mp4 files these days.

Here's one way. Get MakeMKV (free to use while in beta). This program will decrypt a commercially made Blu-ray and rip to either a complete Blu-ray structure in Backup mode, or you can get just the main movie ripped to the hard drive as an mkv file. Considering you intend to convert to Xvid, you should choose to make an mkv file from the original movie. It will still have the original audio and original video codec in this mkv.

Next, get Xvid4PSP or VideotoVideo (both are free). Use the mkv file from MakeMKV as input into either program and choose to make an Xvid AVI file. You can adjust for the size output you want, or adjust by bitrate.

There are several other things you'll need, most notably, a Blu-ray drive for your computer, and a lot of space on the hard drive. Blu-ray movies are typically 35gb, and you'll need more than that while you are working on it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by J0k3R View Post
    How can i make my own BRRip XviD?
    Why would you want to do that?

H.264 is much better than XviD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    guys i dont know im little confused. my main point was this and someone told me its better to rip brrip xvid xD
    please help me if u can
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!