VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    after ripping some dvds last night, i closed the top of my laptop and went to bed.

this morning, when i opened the laptop to proceed were i left off, i found this folder in my network group.

my specs:
    dell laptop, windows 7 premium, 64-bit

windows explorer view:

i found the following networks, all are mine, except for the venu_pro.

Code:
    Networks
    |_ dellpc    <- my laptop (probably mistake and mirrored/duplicated it)
    |_ desktoppc <- my win xp home, i have a usb2 folder i:\videos that i set to share on the network (no password)
    |_ venu_pro  <- unknown
    |_ mycloud   <- my wd my cloud, 3TB usb, connected to my new netgear_n900_router which is connected to my DSL via cat5e yellow cable.
    Q: should i be worried about it ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Any device that connected to router, can display their name in networks
    if they have something to share
    The router wireless connection protected with password?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Interesting...Venue Pro is a Dell smart phone. Could you have transferred something from a phone to the computer? I know it's not spelled exactly the same but close enough.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search PM
    Venue Pro is a DELL product line, phones, tablets, and accessories, etc.
    If you don't have any of them then some caution and investigation might be warranted.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Although it is known that it can be circumvented by someone who is truly determined, have you thought about trying MAC address filtering? It might at least get rid of most low-level hackers/moochers.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I don't understand Win7 network groups all that well, but is it possible the "venu_pro" entry is an external network your laptop has "seen" at some stage but it's not necessarily a device that has connected to your router. I'm not sure if it means it's even connected to the laptop. Maybe it's just been seen as a network device.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    there were no folders to list when i selected it. it would take a long time and then tell me that it could not find anything, basically.

plus, as it turns out, it was my Dell Venue Pro 8 inch tablet. i had it logged into my verizon's DSL router modem, (but the tablet was powered off) which is wired to the wdmycloud which is wired to the Netgear N900 router.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!