VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Thread
  1. TAudioConverter can convert it to stereo right but fails at 5.1 channel. When converting to 5.1 channel finished it's only 19 minutes long.

    mediainfo:
    Code:
    Audio
    Count                                    : 258
    Count of stream of this kind             : 1
    Kind of stream                           : Audio
    Kind of stream                           : Audio
    Stream identifier                        : 0
    Inform                                   : 384 Kbps, 48.0 KHz, 16 bits, 6 channels, AC-3
    Format                                   : AC-3
    Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
    Commercial name                          : AC-3
    Mode extension                           : CM (complete main)
    Format settings, Endianness              : Big
    Codec                                    : AC3
    Codec                                    : AC3
    Duration                                 : 8635680
    Duration                                 : 2h 23mn
    Duration                                 : 2h 23mn 55s 680ms
    Duration                                 : 2h 23mn
    Duration                                 : 02:23:55.680
    Bit rate mode                            : CBR
    Bit rate mode                            : Constant
    Bit rate                                 : 384000
    Bit rate                                 : 384 Kbps
    Channel(s)                               : 6
    Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
    Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Channel positions                        : 3/2/0.1
    ChannelLayout                            : L C R LFE Ls Rs
    Sampling rate                            : 48000
    Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
    Samples count                            : 414512640
    Frame count                              : 269865
    Resolution                               : 16
    Resolution                               : 16 bits
    Bit depth                                : 16
    Bit depth                                : 16 bits
    Compression mode                         : Lossy
    Compression mode                         : Lossy
    Stream size                              : 414512640
    Stream size                              : 395 MiB (100%)
    Stream size                              : 395 MiB
    Stream size                              : 395 MiB
    Stream size                              : 395 MiB
    Stream size                              : 395.3 MiB
    Stream size                              : 395 MiB (100%)
    Proportion of this stream                : 1.00000
    bsid                                     : 8
    dialnorm                                 : -31
    dialnorm/String                          : -31 dB
    compr                                    : -0.28
    compr/String                             : -0.28 dB
    acmod                                    : 7
    lfeon                                    : 1
    dialnorm_Average                         : -31
    dialnorm_Average/String                  : -31 dB
    dialnorm_Minimum                         : -31
    dialnorm_Minimum/String                  : -31 dB
    dialnorm_Maximum                         : -31
    dialnorm_Maximum/String                  : -31 dB
    dialnorm_Count                           : 32
    compr_Average                            : 1.24
    compr_Average/String                     : 1.24 dB
    compr_Minimum                            : -0.28
    compr_Minimum/String                     : -0.28 dB
    compr_Maximum                            : 2.36
    compr_Maximum/String                     : 2.36 dB
    compr_Count                              : 32
    dynrng_Average                           : 0.59
    dynrng_Average/String                    : 0.59 dB
    dynrng_Minimum                           : 0.00
    dynrng_Minimum/String                    : 0.00 dB
    dynrng_Maximum                           : 1.02
    dynrng_Maximum/String                    : 1.02 dB
    dynrng_Count                             : 32
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member Cornucopia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Search PM
    It might be having trouble "converting" to 5.1ch because it already IS 5.1ch.

    That 6th channel (LFE) is really the .1ch. That's just how MediaInfo reports it.

    Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. i forget to say i was trying to convert it to uncompressed WAV and then i tried apple lossless codec(.m4a). neither work.
    Quote Quote  
  4. and i converted other 5.1 AC3 files without any problem to uncompressed 5.1 WAV with TAudioConverter.
    Quote Quote  
  5. i want it 5.1 WAV but in meguis "encoders settings" no uncompressed wav. and SplitAc3 log:
    Code:
    FileSize : 414512640 bytes
    ---------- First valid Header
    Time eq. : 8635680 ms.
    SamplCod : 0 (0:48, 1:44.1, 2:32 KHz.)
    BitRate  : 384 Kb/s
    ChanMode : 7 (1:1/0, 2:2/0, 3:3/0, 4:2/1, 5:3/1, 6:2/2, 7:3/2)
    FrameSize: 1536 bytes
    ---------- Process ( 25.000000 fps is used for Trim)
    Time: 0 ms.	Written: 269865 frames 5.1	( 8635680 ms.)	Trim(0, 215891)
    ---------- End of File
    Total time: 8635680 ms. at EOF
    T. written: 269865 frames 5.1.
    T. written: 0 frames 2.0.
    Quote Quote  
  6. If I want to convert to wave with MeGUI (which can't), I sometimes use it to convert to flac, as it's lossless, then I convert the flac file to wave with something else.

    I don't know if it's what's happening in your case, but sometimes the number of channels can change and that can cause decoding/encoding problems. An example might be a TV capture where the audio switches from 5.1ch to stereo and back again etc. Whatever the reason though, if the usual methods fail, I use DirectShow with ffdshow decoding. It'll usually keep going even when other methods fail. You can set DirectShow as the preferred decoder in MeGUI's audio encoder configuration. If ffdshow is decoding, enable it's mixer filter and set it for the desired number of channels (ie 5.1ch). That way, if the channel count changes (or something similar) ffdshow should keep on outputting 5.1ch anyway (even if all but the stereo channels are empty) and the encoder should keep on encoding......
    If you can output a complete 5.1ch flac file with MeGUI that way, you can then convert it to a wave file with TAudioConverter.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    If I want to convert to wave with MeGUI (which can't), I sometimes use it to convert to flac, as it's lossless, then I convert the flac file to wave with something else.

    I don't know if it's what's happening in your case, but sometimes the number of channels can change and that can cause decoding/encoding problems. An example might be a TV capture where the audio switches from 5.1ch to stereo and back again etc. Whatever the reason though, if the usual methods fail, I use DirectShow with ffdshow decoding. It'll usually keep going even when other methods fail. You can set DirectShow as the preferred decoder in MeGUI's audio encoder configuration. If ffdshow is decoding, enable it's mixer filter and set it for the desired number of channels (ie 5.1ch). That way, if the channel count changes (or something similar) ffdshow should keep on outputting 5.1ch anyway (even if all but the stereo channels are empty) and the encoder should keep on encoding......
    If you can output a complete 5.1ch flac file with MeGUI that way, you can then convert it to a wave file with TAudioConverter.
    yeah i converted to flac with DirectShow before you wrote. and it worked. but bit depth is 24. original bit depth is 16. how to fix it?
    this is the settings:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dr.png
Views:	451
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	29281
    Last edited by chazz spacey; 27th Dec 2014 at 05:38.
    Quote Quote  
  8. ok. i used avs script with option ConvertAudioTo16bit(). it worked. but i used FFAudioSource. and with ffaudiosource the duration is 32 ms shorter than original.
    the script:
    LoadPlugin("C:\Users\User\Desktop\ffms2-2.20-icl\x86\ffms2.dll")
    FFaudioSource("C:\Users\User\Desktop\1.ac3")
    ConvertAudioto16bit()

    so how to make megui to use directshow with 16bit depth?
    Quote Quote  
  9. You probably need to set ffdhow to only output 16 bit, assuming you're using it for decoding. Uncheck all the other options under the Output section except for "16 bit integer". If that doesn't work you'll need to convert the 24 bit version to 16 bit with another program.

    Do you use foobar2000? It's converter will let you select the bitdepth. It'll load all the common audio types and also some video files such as MKV, MP4 or AVI. It'll also open AVS Scripts and convert the audio. Some of the above may require additional plugins, but they should be on the foobar2000 site.

    How did you determine the length of the audio changed? Not that it can't. If there's a gap in the audio stream it won't be taken into account when extracting or converting. If there's a way to account for gaps when using AVISynth, I don't know how to do it. If the audio's in a container eac3to supports (such as MKV) you could try extracting the audio with the HD Streams Extractor under the Tools menu. Eac3to will try to fix problems when it extracts..... which reminds me..... that's another option to try if you're having audio conversion problems. Extract the audio with eac3to first and try converting the extracted version instead.

    Don't forget, if there's an audio delay MeGUI usually accounts for it, or some of the decoders do..... I think..... so the length can change as a result.

    Oh, and....... just because a flac file is reported as 24 bit, it doesm't mean there's 24 bit audio within. For example if you convert a 16 bit wave file to flac while setting the flac bitdepth to 24, MediaInfo might report 24 bit but the audio will probably still be 16 bit unless you physically convert the bitdepth when encoding. If you convert the 24 bit flac file to a 16 bit flac file and the file size doesn't get noticeably smaller, then the audio within was only 16 bit to begin with.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 28th Dec 2014 at 05:58.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    You probably need to set ffdhow to only output 16 bit, assuming you're using it for decoding. Uncheck all the other options under the Output section except for "16 bit integer".
    i already did it. didn't work.
    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    Do you use foobar2000? It's converter will let you select the bitdepth. It'll load all the common audio types and also some video files such as MKV, MP4 or AVI. It'll also open AVS Scripts and convert the audio. Some of the above may require additional plugins, but they should be on the foobar2000 site.
    no i never used it. WAV didn't work. it didn't fully convert the file. last 20 minutes of the audio is gone. but flac worked without any problem.
    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    How did you determine the length of the audio changed?
    i checked original file with mediainfo and then checked the converted file. the difference was 32 ms. and i imported converted file to sony vegas to see if the length is what mediainfo says, mediainfo was right.


    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    If the audio's in a container eac3to supports (such as MKV) you could try extracting the audio with the HD Streams Extractor under the Tools menu. Eac3to will try to fix problems when it extracts..... which reminds me..... that's another option to try if you're having audio conversion problems. Extract the audio with eac3to first and try converting the extracted version instead.
    i'll try. btw i converted the file with eact3to(file was already extracted with MKVExtractGUI2) to WAV but again not fully converted.

    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    just because a flac file is reported as 24 bit, it doesm't mean there's 24 bit audio within. For example if you convert a 16 bit wave file to flac while setting the flac bitdepth to 24, MediaInfo might report 24 bit but the audio will probably still be 16 bit unless you physically convert the bitdepth when encoding. If you convert the 24 bit flac file to a 16 bit flac file and the file size doesn't get noticeably smaller, then the audio within was only 16 bit to begin with.
    i am sure that it was physically converted to 24 bit. because when i converted original file(ac3 16 bit) to 16 bit flac with same decoder with avs script and with option ConvertAudioTo16bit(), size was 2 times smaller.

    And THANK YOU VERY MUCH AGAIN hello_hello
    Quote Quote