VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I set up a bunch of file saves off source avi files using Virtualdub. I'd pick a section using the mark in/mark out points and delete the sections I don't want, save under queue batch operation, undo the delete frames, select a new section etc.

When I go to run the series of file saves, they all come up with error notifications. Tried reloading, doesn't help get a "System cannot find the path specified" message. All the source files are valid, they play fine, they load fine in Virtualdub.

Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	virtualdub error.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	29260
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What version of Virtualdub are you running, and can you include a picture of the full path to the file? (Don't retype the path yourself; show us what Virtualdub is seeing.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Calidore View Post
    What version of Virtualdub are you running

can you include a picture of the full path to the file? (Don't retype the path yourself; show us what Virtualdub is seeing.)
    The copied/pasted path is

W:\Disney\epcot vhs 1.avi

What other way to show the path is there? Is there some internal tool to see what Virtualdub is seeing?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by brassplyer View Post
    What version of Virtualdub are you running

can you include a picture of the full path to the file? (Don't retype the path yourself; show us what Virtualdub is seeing.)

What other way to show the path is there? Is there some internal tool to see what Virtualdub is seeing?
    I was just trying to avoid a path typed from memory that didn't exactly match the system.

Don't know if it will make a difference, but the current Virtualdub is 1.10.4. You may want to upgrade and see if the fix is that easy.

You haven't said what operating system you're using, and I didn't think to ask. Just for fun, try replacing the spaces in the filename with underscores or hyphens. Like above, it may make no difference, but it's easy to try.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

I was just trying to avoid a path typed from memory that didn't exactly match the system.

Don't know if it will make a difference, but the current Virtualdub is 1.10.4. You may want to upgrade and see if the fix is that easy.

You haven't said what operating system you're using, and I didn't think to ask. Just for fun, try replacing the spaces in the filename with underscores or hyphens. Like above, it may make no difference, but it's easy to try.
    Running XP SP3. I haven't had any problem doing batch tasks before, I'm guessing I must be violating some protocol. Maybe it can't remember the delete frames then the undelete of the frames and the next sequence of delete/undelete frames etc. It may be I've never tried to do this specific task before as a batch operation.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I"m not sure what happened - I just tried doing the same operation again and it works fine though doing fewer at a time - maybe it glitched on too many? Something happened before that tripped it up.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!