VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a DVD duplicator that can be connected to a PC and used with Nero to burn files?
    I currently use 10 external DVD drives on my PC via USB and am fed up with the cables, ideally looking for an external 1:5 duplicator that is recognised within Nero (or something else) so I can drag and drop the video_ts folder and burn to multiple sources.

Advice?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an 1:11 tower duplicator that has an internal hard drive. It connects to my PC via usb and allows me to copy ISO files from my PC's hard drive(s) to the tower's hard drive. I do not know if it can handle folders though. I could always create the iso in Nero and just transfer to the tower's hd. The pc see's the tower hard with no problems.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply, but you would still burn via the 1:11 unit and not via the PC correct.

I would find searching for the iso on the internal HDD cumbersome as there's around 100. Currently its easier with the PC
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I used to work with 8-bay DVD & CD towers that were connected to PC. Can't remember the name (I think they're defunct now anyway), but they're quite like the Microboards & DiscMakers towers (or Microtech or Rimage). Used a SCSI connection(s), IIRC. I remember one used Win98SE, and I powered it with Nero 5.x or 6.x, while the other used WinXP and I powered it with Padus DiscJuggler Pro.
    Both accepted ISOs.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    A 10 bay duplicator runs about $800 US, but you can buy just the controller much cheaper, though you would need a case of some sort to hold the drives. Just do an internet search for
    DVD duplicators or DVD duplicator controllers. One site: http://www.copystars.com/build-your-duplicator/
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!