VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Sony is reportedly reconsidering its decision, looking for alternatives and a way out of this.

[I'll hazard a guess that Sony wouldn't find many fans or sympathizers for its problems here.]

One thing I can tell you for sure is that if Seth Rogen is involved in a project, it is a lock to be total CRAP and a mega-turkey.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The plot sounds stupid, I think whoever at Sony signed off on this flick thought it would be another Pineapple Express because Rogen and Franco are in it. I still don't think the studio or the theaters should of pulled it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps they shouldn't have made it in the first place ? Didn't it occur to anybody that something so offensive
    to another country might have repercussions ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Perhaps they shouldn't have made it in the first place ? Didn't it occur to anybody that something so offensive
    Define "offensive" .... Everybody can find something offensive with anything..... I hate the color blue, blah
    There goes freedom of speech.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    I'll hazard a guess that Sony wouldn't find many fans or sympathizers for its problems here.
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Nonetheless, it's now a freedom of speech issue and we have to defend it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What shocks me most is that.....why would ANYONE in their right mind acknowledge or admit that a little POS country like North Korea had anything to do with this. Whether they did or they didn't....why give them the satisfaction or TV airtime?
    Ridiculous.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The hackers made this probable turkey of a movie into something that people now want to see, either out of curiosity or to be perverse. If they had ignored it, hardly anybody would have gone to see it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Saying that North Korea did it was done for political reasons, most of which are to pile up more international condemnation against North Korea. Saying more than "political reasons" would very likely take this thread into places where a moderator would close it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    The hackers made this probable turkey of a movie into something that people now want to see, either out of curiosity or to be perverse. If they had ignored it, hardly anybody would have gone to see it.
    This is The Streisand Effect
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

But keep in mind that the hackers involved were likely ordered to do so by their government and some or many of them may have done so quite willingly. The idea that this action might actually backfire never occurred to the people involved because it's outside of their world view.
    Quote Quote  
  10. 'The Interview' will be released by Sony to everyone to see for free on their Crackle service.
    Probably to gain some fans back !?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by DJ_ValBec View Post
    'The Interview' will be released by Sony to everyone to see for free on their Crackle service.

You are correct: article
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by DJ_ValBec View Post
    'The Interview' will be released by Sony to everyone to see for free on their Crackle service.
    No, to get more Crackle registrations.
    Quote Quote  
  13. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DJ_ValBec View Post
    If they really wanted to gain fans back, they should release the movie on BitTorrent That I would like to see.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    It's on YT and Google Play for PPV, as of today. (Also showing at a number of indie theaters around the country.)
    Glad to see that Sony and some distribution / exhibition managed to grow a pair, however belatedly.

That said, I'll be amazed if my earlier assessment of its quality turns out to be incorrect.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
    Originally Posted by DJ_ValBec View Post
    If they really wanted to gain fans back, they should release the movie on BitTorrent That I would like to see.
    I could do that for them, if it wasn't for this Wildvine DRM I can't get rid of
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SONY probably hacked themselves to get publicity for a terrible movie......
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    SONY probably hacked themselves to get publicity for a terrible movie......
    and give the movie for only 6.99$CA on youtube ?? doubtful..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed2kSuKqfz0
    Quote Quote  
  18. Banned
    Search PM
    Has North Korea already released this movie in full quality HD on all bittorrents?

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  20. No only that:
    The close relation of Hollywood and the U.S. Military:
    Sony consultant for this film "The Interview" (Bruce Bennett) work for decades in the U.S. Army Think-Tank( RAND Corporation ) , where many lies for new War's are coming from.
    Also: Sony CEO happens to sit on the board of directors of the RAND Corporation, etc.

http://www.democracynow.org/2014/12/22/the_interview_pokes_fun_at_north
    Min. 50:00

Just FYI.
    Last edited by DJ_ValBec; 26th Dec 2014 at 19:10.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Sony consultant for this film "The Interview" (Bruce Bennett) work for decades in the U.S. Army Tink-Tank( RAND Corporation ) , where many lies for new War's are coming from.
    Why should we believe anyone who can't even correctly spell the word, "THINK"? Hmm...? (bit of a meta-question)

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 27th Dec 2014 at 01:06.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Corrected & add a clip. too.

Oh. &
    Merry X-mas humans !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od-r-1i-4EM
    Last edited by DJ_ValBec; 26th Dec 2014 at 15:58.
    Quote Quote  
  23. dacades should be decades.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!