VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using Corel VideoStudio pro 6. I have carefully marked/set 24 Chapter Points during the editing phase (of a 100 minute video). When I go to the "Share" phase to create a (DVD) disk, it will display all the Chapter Points on the preview window plus the thumbnails (as expected), but will only allow me to add more or to delete existing ones. It will not keep the existing ones (even though they are right there and everything looks fine). There is no Save or Next button, only Close, which returns to the previous (preview) window with just the one (first) thumbnail for the whole video. I can't use the "Auto Add Chapter" button as it will add a Chapter Point to every edit (100's!).

It is also telling me that the video is too big to fit onto a DVD but seems to offer no options to reduce the size. I don't think it is related to the Chapters/menu problem.

Have I missed a step somewhere? Urgent help would be much appreciated. I have people waiting on copies.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What color are the arrow icons? If they are all blue then you don't have any chapters at all. They are cue points. Chapter markers are green. You could try deleting all the markers and reenter the 24 you need (write down the time codes and enter them manually if they have to be precise).

Have a look again at the manual (pages 115 to 117). If you have 'lost' it, look here:
    http://www.corel.com/static/product_content/vsp/x6/VSPX6_User_Guide_EN.pdf
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your reply. They are definitely Chapter points (green). There is a Chapter Point Manager (Settings Menu) that lists the time position of all the green markers and each one can be named. When I go to the "Share" phase to create a (DVD) disk, it will display all the Chapter Points on the preview window plus the thumbnails (as expected), The thumbs are clickable and it will jump to selected point in the timeline. There is also a label telling me how many Chapters I have (again as expected). The only way I can get the Next button to become active is to un-tick Add or edit Chapters, then when I click Next to go to the Create Menu window, the chapters are not there.

Have a look again at the manual (pages 115 to 117). If you have 'lost' it, look here: http://www.corel.com/static/product_content/vsp/x6/VSPX6_User_Guide_EN.pdf
    Already tried that (thanks). I also tried the Corel video tutorials that basically just demonstrate what the manual says. They demonstrate by inserting separate clips into the timeline, - not the main editing timeline, - the preview one that appears in the separate Create Disk (DVD) window. That is not what I am tying to do.
    I have tried every-which-way with different combinations of options on the Create Disk (DVD) window, but the only options that allow me to go forward will not retain the chapters.
    I have decided to proceed without chapters (out of time). It's not the end of the world, plus it's virtually a love job and the chapters would not be expected, but would obviously have enhanced the final result.

Thanks again for your prompt reply. If you celebrate Christmas in any way, shape, or form, - Have a Good One!!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!