VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When a video is ready to be played, thru my php website, this shows in the browser:

www........com/results.php?x=178&y=16

So, the video url doesn't appear in the browser, the video(mp4) plays in the flowplayer that pops-up in a box over the page, but you can right-click (in Chrome) "Copy video URL", so someone could simply copy the url and play it over and over using my data transfer cost.

Can a random string be added to the file name, via the player, or something, so the theif doesn't have the correct path/link? Or any other suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    This is the wrongest forum for your question, I'm afraid.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Google 'disable right click'
    Float a layer with a transparent PNG over/the size of the player area.
    Turn on DRM in player.

Nothing will prevent certain video grabber and screen recorder software.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    Google 'disable right click'
    Float a layer with a transparent PNG over/the size of the player area.
    Turn on DRM in player.

Nothing will prevent certain video grabber and screen recorder software.
    This.

There is a whole board here concerning capturing video streams. If it can be streamed, it can be captured. The only question is how easily. I don't even bother grabing urls any more. There are several tools which simply capture the stream as it enters the PC.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And if your really worried about someone stealing your bandwidth, host the video on a free streaming service such as Vimeo or Youtube to name but two.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by benjames View Post
    When a video is ready to be played, thru my php website, this shows in the browser:

So, the video url doesn't appear in the browser, the video(mp4) plays in the flowplayer that pops-up in a box over the page, but you can right-click (in Chrome) "Copy video URL", so someone could simply copy the url and play it over and over using my data transfer cost.

Can a random string be added to the file name, via the player, or something, so the theif doesn't have the correct path/link? Or any other suggestions?
    Could you give us your link to your website
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    Originally Posted by benjames View Post
    When a video is ready to be played, thru my php website, this shows in the browser:

Could you give us your link to your website
    My thoughts too.

Just to alleviate the suspicion of people here that, as always, there is nothing there anybody would want to steal.

The corollary of which is, if they did have anything worth stealing, they'd have actual IT employees to deal with such matters.

As El Heggunte said, this is the worst place you could ask such a question...
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!