VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24
FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried that link below but the page didn't respond. Is the latest version without the update check still available anywhere?

Originally Posted by Gelinox View Post
    Hi there !

The Film9 domain name has already been taken over and this poses a security problem for Film9 users.
    They risk being unknowingly redirected to malicious sites, but only if they accept an update.
    This is a potential risk that does not occur at this time.

To avoid this, we made a latest version of Film9 (3.2) which no longer queries our website to see if an update is available.
    It can be downloaded here:
    http://web.jclaude.free.fr/Les%20fichiers/Film9/SetupFilm9.exe

Thanks to Jean-Claude for hosting it.

I take this opportunity to remind you that we no longer provide support for this software, including by PM.

Gilles and Roland
    Quote Quote  
  2. I tried that link below but the page didn't respond. Is the latest version without the update check still available anywhere?
    Right click on the link and choose "save link".
    As this is an "http" site and not an "https" site, Windows will warn you that the download is not safe. If you're worried about this, you can have your anti-virus check the file before installing it.

Thanks for the other posts.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That link gives 0-byte stalled downloads.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I did, after a struggle, manage to download it. Then Norton decided that it was not safe and quarantined it. Could have been a falsety since Norton is not always right.

Noticable that the software has NEVER been officially hosted in the relevant section on here. Surely, even now, it might serve the creaters to ask admin to do that rather than rely on third parties one of which was a member here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by mcconnor View Post

Had there be plans to make it open source to be further developed upon by other people? There might well be potential (enhanced (AI) upscaling, refined frame interpolation and so on... all that has been discussed in this thread...)?

Greets
    Indeed, this software still has a very important potential.
    But kindness has limits and the code will not be made public.

Originally Posted by DB83
    Well I did, after a struggle, manage to download it
    Sorry if for some of you the download is difficult, but we can't do anything about it.

Noticable that the software has NEVER been officially hosted in the relevant section on here.
    It's true that we never asked for it and we won't either.

... on third parties one of which was a member here.
    who ???
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ I won't repeat his name here (since he referred to us as a bunch of trolls) but do a Youtube search for your software and I am sure it will show up.
    Last edited by DB83; 8th Sep 2022 at 11:46.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    ^^ I won't repeat his name here (since he referred to us as a bunch of trolls) but do a Youtube search for your software and I am sure it will show up.
    Jesus, would *F9* be the software whose name should not be pronounced?
    I believe you are mistaken, we gave our file to Jean-Claude and no one else. Neither Gilles or I make this file available.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You are mistken my friend. My hand is forced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1oFBF3mC8E

from his comments

You can find the new version at the link below, scroll down page 20 of the thread.Chrome browser should translate the french text.Right Click the download link and choose 'save as'If you are unable to get a copy from the film forum, send me an email and I will give you a copy from my google drive.
    Quote Quote  
  9. You are mistken my friend. My hand is forced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1oFBF3mC8E
    from his comments
    You can find the new version at the link below, scroll down page 20 of the thread.Chrome browser should translate the french text.Right Click the download link and choose 'save as'If you are unable to get a copy from the film forum, send me an email and I will give you a copy from my google drive.
    You give the impression of having exposed the WaterGate affair.

Yes we gave this gentleman (whom we don't know) permission to share the download link, but Film9 is a freeware. Why would we say no?
    NO, this gentleman has nothing to do with Jean-Claude, he simply mentions the download link for our software.

Mentioning Microsoft.com doesn't make me Bill Gates.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hardly, my friend.

You doubted my information and I had to correct you. Maybe you see no difference in sharing a link to actually offering to share in file from a public place.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I am not your friend.

You didn't correct anything at all, just made noise for nothing.

No difference between allowing to mention an address that leads to a public link and giving a public link to download a document.

Your intervention is stupid and I'm definitely moving on.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I am sorry you do not understand the term 'friend'.

And I am equally sorry to have 'fowled' your topic. But he stated in an earlier YT post - which may now have been deleted (or this one edited) - that he had permission from your goodself and provide copies directly. Maybe that implied permission does no harm (other that boost his own ego) and I make a 'mountain out of a mole-hill'. But this is an open forum and an expression of opinion is, as far as I am aware, allowed.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried that link below but the page didn't respond. Is the latest version without the update check still available anywhere?
    Right click on the link and choose "save link".
    As this is an "http" site and not an "https" site, Windows will warn you that the download is not safe. If you're worried about this, you can have your anti-virus check the file before installing it.

Thanks for the other posts.
    Thanks, greatly appreciated - I use this just about every day, saves so much time and effort.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Allow me to quote what has been posted on YT. Rather 'odd' from someone who now claims to have left this forum.

Really sad since I did regard this guy, who I also do not personally know, a friend inasmuch that I provided some hardware to him significantly below cost or value. Hardly my fault if he did not use it to it's potential.

https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugkx1swkO8pLXrTKKsbYHrfEnOyRydIh5VLv

(in case it is not available come the hither)

While I wouldn't normally respond to internet trolls, this deserves a mention because the recent FILM9 FINAL UPDATE video has been linked to from a well known trolling video forum which I left a long time ago because of the trolls.Apparently I am only sharing this piece of software to 'boost my ego'Never mind the fact it was I who bought to attention of the developers the internet issue that remained in the last version and prompted this secure version to be released. I am sharing this final version of the software so it gets as much attention as possible to keep people safe from a theoretical phishing attack. Not everyone can access or knows about the french forum where the developers are hosting the final version..This is not being done for my ego, I don't have one, do me a favor Mr Troll, GO FYS. STFU. BZ
    [COLOR=var(--yt-spec-text-primary)]Show less[/COLOR]

Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Let it go, DB83.
    Quote Quote  
  16. DB83 : Sorry for the disagreement between you, but I don't think this is the place to discuss it.

That said, your comment made me discover some good Film9 tutorials that can help users in the future:
    Basic tutorial
    Film9 + VLC player tips and tricks

Just a point, it's easier to configure VirtualDub this way, so you don't have double windows constantly appearing.

[Attachment 66748 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by Gelinox View Post

Indeed, this software still has a very important potential.
    But kindness has limits and the code will not be made public.
    I can understand that - intelectual property derserves protection. On the other hand as you stated you will not continue to work on this project anymore I am sorry that we (and also you yourself) will not see where film9 could have gone from here harnessing the combined power of all the adept people here that have dedicated much effort each in its special field to master difficult restoration tasks... that is: if they decided to work together on such a project...
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone, I need your help.
    I'm a big fan of Film9 and I used the old version quite happily until the day before yesterday.
    I saw that there was a new update and downloaded it but I can no longer use it.
    Before installing it, as I read, I uninstalled Avisynth and reinstalled the K-lite codec full pack, but in the preferences it marks it as "missing" and if I try to import an avi movie I get the alert that the codecs are missing.

Does anyone know what kind of check I need to do?

Thank you very much
    Quote Quote  
  19. Film 9 is no longer updated by the developers, however it is still available.
    Last edited by boffee; 15th Dec 2022 at 02:31.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you very much!
    do you happen to know which version can be installed?

when i try to install it from the software it gives me an error as shown on the screen
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ssss.PNG
Views:	61
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	68132  

Quote Quote  
  21. See next post for the answer.
    Last edited by boffee; 15th Dec 2022 at 02:32.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Some precisions :

- It is essential to install the K-Lite MEGA pack and not another.
    - This pack is not attached to Film9, so you have to download and install it
    - This pack was available on the Film9 site, now this site is closed, which explains the error message if you go through Film9 for the installation.
    - No need to go for an old version of K-Lite Mega Pack, the new one works.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you so much! Now is working
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Some precisions :

- It is essential to install the K-Lite MEGA pack and not another.
    - This pack is not attached to Film9, so you have to download and install it
    - This pack was available on the Film9 site, now this site is closed, which explains the error message if you go through Film9 for the installation.
    - No need to go for an old version of K-Lite Mega Pack, the new one works.
    Thanks for continuing to help people!!

Bill
    Quote Quote  
  25. Dears,
    does anybody know how to fix this?

[Attachment 68543 - Click to enlarge]

This happens when VirtualDub is launched upon adding any clips to any projects.

Regards
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Type the middle line (script error: ... ) into Google. Odds are you'll find yourself at Doom9, VH, or digitalFAQ. Common issue, easy to fix. I just don't remember it offhand.

That is an Avisynth issue.
    It has nothing to do with VirtualDub.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Type the middle line (script error: ... ) into Google. Odds are you'll find yourself at Doom9, VH, or digitalFAQ. Common issue, easy to fix. I just don't remember it offhand.

That is an Avisynth issue.
    It has nothing to do with VirtualDub.
    Right, fixed by installing Avisynth by Film9.

By the way now I have all output frozen on 1st frame.
    Input is a stream of jpg files, I might be doing something wrong as clicking play on input or output video nothing moves...

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  28. Dears,
    I'm facing a big problem rendering to any format a few thousand frames in jpg format.

Also "as it is" (with no settings and no presets) virtualdub reports the right number of frames (3528), but clicking anywhere on the timeline (and also in the render), it's only the 1st frame to be shown duplicated 3528 times:

[Attachment 68557 - Click to enlarge]

Any suggestions?

Regards
    Quote Quote  
  29. Hello,

First, you can read the post of 13th Sep 2022 09:00, which will prevent you from having a double display on VirtualDub.

Then for your problem of JPG images:
    - Do you have a chronological numbering of your files, without missing number?
    - Try copying 20 images into a new directory, starting with image 0000001.jpg and making sure that none are missing.

Ragards
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by Gelinox View Post
    Hello,

First, you can read the post of 13th Sep 2022 09:00, which will prevent you from having a double display on VirtualDub.

Then for your problem of JPG images:
    - Do you have a chronological numbering of your files, without missing number?
    - Try copying 20 images into a new directory, starting with image 0000001.jpg and making sure that none are missing.

Ragards
    Got it.
    It just doesn't like the 000000.jpg as 1st frame, it must start with 000001.jpg.

Thanks a lot.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!