VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone, looking if someone can help me out pretty quickly if possible. I have to convert a large (33GB) video file (.mov) TO the following specs:

VIDEO Specifications:
    Format/Video Codec: MPEG-2
    Start Timecode: 00:00:00.00
    Frame Frequency: 25fps/50i
    Chroma Subsampling: 4:2:2
    Aspect ratio: 16:9
    Frame Size: 1920 x 1080i
    Field Dominance: Upper
    Video Bitrate: 35 Mbit/s

AUDIO Specifications:
    Format: MPEG
    Stereo Mixdown
    Frequency: 48 kHz
    Bitrate: 384 kbps

Is there a relatively simple way to do this? I'm doing this on a Win7 machine. So also feel free to recommend an easy to use program to achieve this

Note, i was given 3 files and not sure if I need the other ones or not either. I have a ".m2v" and an ".m1a" file so not sure if i would need to merge these either

Many thanks in advance everyone.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by cocobeware View Post
    Format/Video Codec: MPEG-2
    Chroma Subsampling: 4:2:2
    Are you sure?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Apparently this is the exact instructions lol. I think its going to be used in europe or soemthing.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    It will certainly not be compatible to consumer hardware, but may be an intermediate format... doesn't matter much.

*.m2v is a usual extension for MPEG-2 Video elementary streams.
    *.m1a is probably an extension for MPEG-1 Audio, not revealing which layer (possibly layer 2, a.k.a. MP2).

You should be able to multiplex both to one file. But if you have 3 files from your client (mov, m2v and m1a), then the mov will be your source, and the two others (m2v and m1a) are probably examples of the target. So you could quote MediaInfo reports of them here as well, so we can verify the written instructions. And you possibly are expected to create separate video and audio elementary streams as result.

There will be numerous ways to create such files. Commercial software will e.g. be TMPGEnc. Freeware is also available; but although it is simple for MP2 audio, it may be a little harder to find free and good software for MPEG2 video in YUV 4:2:2.
    Quote Quote  
  5. HCenc author
    Search Comp PM
    ...it may be a little harder to find free and good software for MPEG2 video in YUV 4:2:2.
    HCenc 0.27 with Avisynth 2.6 can do it, both free.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    cocobeware-in the future please use a descriptive title for for your thread instead of help me please,more people will respond,for this time i changed the the title.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    How did you come by those specs? Did you get them from a provider/distributor? Did you get them DIRECT from a REAL, KNOWLEDGEABLE tech person at that institution, or did you get it from some rep who is passing them along? Because they are inconsistent & incomplete.

What is the intended target (audience/app/device)?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    cocobeware-in the future please use a descriptive title for for your thread instead of help me please,more people will respond,for this time i changed the the title.
    DOH! my apologies. I'm new here but definitely not new to forums, I should have known better.

Thanks to all the other replies as well. I'm going to check with the person who sent me the info and have him double check. Updates to follow on that part thanks again everyone.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi guys, ok got a few more details. This is needs to be broadcast quality outputted in pal format with the specs above. Also i'm told to ignore the .m2v and .m1a files and just work off of the .mov file.

is there a relatively simple way I can just select the applicable settings and convert?
    Quote Quote