VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey there,

I've been using Sony Vegas Pro 13 to edit videos but have run into a problem.

Whenever I upload to youtube, the colors on my videos change when I cycle the youtube quality from 480p to 720p/1080p.
    I'm using Windows 7 and Google Chrome which defaults to HTML5 with youtube - if I switch to Flash I don't have a problem (but this doesn't help my less technically inclined Chrome users who are viewing such videos).

480p:

720p:

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've only ran into like one other person on youtube where this problem also affects there videos.

Here's the video I found that also has a problem... Jump to 4 seconds, pause, then cycle between 480p and 720p - the problem only seems to show up on Windows Chrome Browser using HTML5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXmwtlrje8k

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Only windows chrome? I can't see any difference in mac safari and mac chrome with html5 video. So maybe just a windows chrome html5 bug.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Only windows chrome? I can't see any difference in mac safari and mac chrome with html5 video. So maybe just a windows chrome html5 bug.
    That's correct but the problem I have is that it doesn't seem to effect all YouTube videos I look at, only mine and at least that other guy who I linked above.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I can confirm this problem also. When I change to 720P, then back to 480P, the red shield is obviously darker in the 480P version.(Chrome on Windows)

BTW, did you encode in the BT.709 colorspace?
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!