VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Greeting everyone,

first time poster on this forum! So far loving it, plenty of helpful people around. Now I want to explain a bit about what I'm trying to achieve. I'm not from the States so my main language isn't English. Most of my movies have multiple audio tracks besides the English speaking one. I would like to have a folder where I could rip a movie with the video and each audio track as a separate file but be playable by xbmc. The reason being is I mostly watch movies in English but I have friends who watch it on another language. I'd like to be able to give them the file with only the other audio track without having to rerip the original. The reason are obvious, size. Anyone can point me in the right direction about workarounds, threads or software. I mostly use handbrake for my encoding.

PS. Opps also forgot to mention if possible I'd like to save the audio files as close to possible to the original. Example DTS-HDMA, DTS, etc...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If each of your alternate audio files are exactly the same length, you could probably put them all into a single video with selectable audio, but others would have to tell you how to do that.

But I understand you want to keep the filesize down.

If you just wanted a bare video and the ability to mux other audio formats with it, depends on your video formats and containers. Muxing joins a video and audio file into a single file. One program that comes to mind is tsMuxeRGUI.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Dubbed audio sucks. If someone doesn't speak the language of the original film release, that's what subtitles are for. They have virtually no size; your size problem is solved.
    Last edited by manono; 12th Dec 2014 at 23:36.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    @redwudz

currently that is my setup i have a mkv file with multiple audio tracks on a single file on my end. By saving space i meant for the person i am giving the file to. i will check out the program. My thanks
    Quote Quote