VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all!

I am new to the site and logged in to get some help to with my audio book project that needs to be uploaded to YouTube. I am a professional sound engineer but video side of things (especially encoding stuff) is a bit weird to me.

So here is the scenario/problem:

I have an audio book recorded that the client wants to be uploaded to YouTube so that there is the audio (128kbp/s, 44.1khz, stereo, mp3 compression) heard and the book cover shown. The audio itself is already compressed and the file size small and optimized for voice. The problem here is how I marry the cover picture with the audio making it look good and hi-def (I tried a couple of times doing this in Premiere Pro CS6 and crushing the file size and the picture ended up looking like crap) still keeping the file size small.

2-hours of 128 kpbs mp3 audio is about 170mb. The cover picture itself is about 1mb. Is there any way of marrying these two together in a video format that does not become ridiculously big in size and still maintains the still picture quality. I am more than confused with all the different export options in video editing programs. My common sense tells me that there must be a way to do this easily but just dont know how.

Thanks a lot for all the responses in advance. Please do ask questions if you need any more info about my settings etc.

T
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tv_engineer_lnd View Post
    Please do ask questions if you need any more info about my settings etc.
    Are you comfortable using FFmpeg?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    H.264 is pretty good compressing still images.

Just make sure you spread out the key frames during encoding and use two pass encoding.

Quote Quote  
  4. I was trying to make comparisons almost a year ago here, I was comparing Sony Vegas and x264, but Premiere uses same encoder like Vegas uses, maybe even same settings, so you can regard it as for Premiere as well.

But x264, or ffmpeg (using x264) as a hint from above offered results where videofile would be almost of a size of audio only if you set keyframe to --keyint infinite, I uploaded muxed mp4 into youtube with result and it worked, detail are in that link. You'd need to dig into ffmpeg or x264 to get this, or use Premiere but with high bitrate, because for some reason you cannot perhaps set keyframes far apart in there and even with setting, high bitrate, I was getting weird results.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ffmpeg is the easiest way to go. I tested this on a 1920 x 1080 image and the results were great quality at 300 kbps video bitrate. The mp3 audio is passed untouched. here is the script I used. You'll need to edit path to ffmpeg:
    Code:
    SET PATH="E:\FFMpeg\64-bit"
    for %%a in ("*.mp3") do ffmpeg -r 10 -loop 1 -i img.jpg -i "%%a" -c:v libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -g 600 -crf 22 -c:a copy -shortest -f mp4 "%%~na.mp4"
    pause
    Here is an example.
    Image Attached Files
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by bat999 View Post
    Originally Posted by tv_engineer_lnd View Post
    Please do ask questions if you need any more info about my settings etc.
    Are you comfortable using FFmpeg?
    Never used and dont know what that is

Will give a go at the H.264 and try to spread out the key frames. Will let you know what happens!

Thanks so much for the comments, I feel like i start to see in the middle of this fog.

Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    ffmpeg is the easiest way to go. I tested this on a 1920 x 1080 image and the results were great quality at 300 kbps video bitrate. The mp3 audio is passed untouched. here is the script I used. You'll need to edit path to ffmpeg:
    Code:
    SET PATH="E:\FFMpeg\64-bit"
    for %%a in ("*.mp3") do ffmpeg -r 10 -loop 1 -i img.jpg -i "%%a" -c:v libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -g 600 -crf 22 -c:a copy -shortest -f mp4 "%%~na.mp4"
    pause
    Here is an example.
    Damn this looks and sounds good and the file size is tiny!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You could make it even smaller and with better (interim) quality by doing a (single) still frame (I-frame) muxed with audio, but then there's no guarantee that Youtube would honor the intended timing info.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!