VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello, I need some help. I got a Naxa 7'' lcd screen tv, which has DTV tuner in it. I'm trying to connect my ps3 to my small tv via a RF Modulator, cause my tv does not hat Composite input. For some reason my tv is not processing the RF Modulator Signal. I've tried the RF Modulator with other tv and it worked just fine. My small tv has the air/cable channel options. If i try to get the rf modulator signal on AIR i can't cause either on channel 3 or 4 I have local broadcast. So I switched to cable to see if I can get any reception from the RF Modulator, but still don't get it. If you need info on which model my tv is
    NAXA 7" Widescreen Dgital LCD Television
    Model NO= NT-7580
    Thanks for any help. It may be that I'm just asking to much with my tv.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are you sure your TV doesn't have a newer digital tuner? In the US, analog TV tuners/TVs are a bit rare these days. An old analog RF modulator won't work with a newer digital TV.

And cable channels are much different than OTA TV channel frequencies. Unfortunately, if you have a analog TV and both channel 3 and 4 are used locally, you probably need a different modulator if you are getting interference. Or go for a TV that has composite or similar inputs.

But others here may have some ideas.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    @redwudz My tv has digital tuner at least that states. I don't get anything at all no interference, nothing, Thanks for your time and sharing your information with me.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I checked the specs for your TV. As redwudz suspected, it has an ATSC tuner for watching over-the-air TV, but there is no mention of an analog tuner, which it would need to tune the signal from an RF modulator. It has no other video inputs. You could get a new LCD TV with a bigger screen plus HDMI and analog video inputs for less than the cost of an ATSC modulator.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    You could get a new LCD TV with a bigger screen plus HDMI and analog video inputs for less than the cost of an ATSC modulator.
    ATSC modulator + MPEG-2 encoder - it will be difficult to find something like this cheap... side to this latency can be even few 100 ms.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!