VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Looks like they've finally finished the beta testing and are ready to release the software this week. They've made an announcement over at MyCE:
    http://club.myce.com/f207/clonebd-media-converter-coming-soon-slysoft-com-337704/#post2742564

This will only work on decrypted Blu-ray, and I have serious doubts about removal of Cinavia, but it looks like an interesting alternative to BD Rebuilder. They are very late to the game however.

No downloads yet, but will be available at the Elaborate Bytes website and at Slysoft.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    This will only work on decrypted Blu-ray, and I have serious doubts about removal of Cinavia, but it looks like an interesting alternative to BD Rebuilder. They are very late to the game however.
    For those who may not wish to dig through the link, the official announcement says absolutely nothing about Cinavia and only one other poster said he simply hoped it would remove it, but that's the only reference to Cinavia. So at this time it would appear to not remove it. I guess it's a tool for people who are too lazy to get BD-Rebuilder working. I have no plans to buy it, but I'm curious if it will have the same (mostly) nightmarish results that BD-Rebuilder usually does when trying to shrink interlaced VC-1. I'll be impressed if they can avoid the "barf and die" fatal error scenario that BD-Rebuilder usually does once it hits interlaced VC-1.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It has been noted for a long time in official statements in the Slysoft forums that Cinavia removal wasn't going to be a release day feature. Word is that it does contain a Cinavia detection feature which detects and informs the user that Cinavia is present on the disc that is going to be backed up and this ability isn't a database-driven method like some other software programs use. I'd expect Cinavia removal to be something added at a later time if/when they have a method that they are satisfied with.
    Last edited by HemLok; 8th Dec 2014 at 21:46.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Public beta arriving tomorrow (Wednesday the 10th). 1st full release with trial should be on Friday the 12th.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  6. Clone BD has not copied 1 to 1 to blank bd's since I got it. Using AnyDvd HD I get all the way to putting the movie on blank disc and the message please put a writeable disc in BD player. No matter how many fresh blank BD's I put in my BD writer, the message is the same and I don't get a copied disc. So far this is a waste of time and my money.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could burn with something else like imgburn.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    My original questions remain.

1) Can it actually do anything useful with regards to Cinavia?
    2) Can it do more than the old "barf and die" scenario I mentioned for BDRebuilder in regards to handling interlaced VC-1?

(crickets chirping)
    Quote Quote  
  9. I am still using other software but is there any hope for Clone BD ?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Does anybody know why Clone BD doesn't work? My copy takes off just fine but won't burn the data to blank BD discs. DVD FAB is the same way working with blue ray discs.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You'd be better off to burn the output Clone BD gives you with ImgBurn. It's free. You can find guides on how to use it.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    My original questions remain.

1) Can it actually do anything useful with regards to Cinavia?
    2) Can it do more than the old "barf and die" scenario I mentioned for BDRebuilder in regards to handling interlaced VC-1?

(crickets chirping)
    1. It's widely talked about. CloneBD does not remove Cinavia. CloneBD can, however, detect Cinavia. If you load up a disc and go to the internal preview player and Cinavia is present in the audio then you'll be informed. This isn't based on a database like some other products. It detects the signal or watermark. There's no real explanation as to how exactly it's doing this but it does work.
    2. I have no idea about VC-1. Why not take the trial version for a spin and see for yourself?

PS: You ignored my previous reply regarding Cinavia.
    Last edited by HemLok; 11th Mar 2015 at 18:58.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    1) Mostly useless from my perspective, but thanks for the answer in that you have confirmed that nothing yet can handle Cinavia.
    2) Don't care enough to do so.

I ignored your previous answer because as I said in #1, saying "This disc has Cinavia" is useless. I can tell if a disc has it by either looking it up myself online just waiting for a playback error, but if you think that is some hugely informative feature then you are certainly entitled to your opinion and we'll just politely agree to disagree here.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    I have no plans to buy it, but I'm curious if it will have the same (mostly) nightmarish results that BD-Rebuilder usually does when trying to shrink interlaced VC-1. I'll be impressed if they can avoid the "barf and die" fatal error scenario that BD-Rebuilder usually does once it hits interlaced VC-1.
    I don't know if Clone BD supports interlaced VC-1, but the VC-1 issue in BD-Rebuilder has been fixed for some time. It actually never was a bug directly in BD-Rebuilder, instead the bug was in the lav decoder that BD-Rebuilder relies on. The issue was fixed in the decoder and BD-Rebuilder can process interlaced VC-1.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Vidd View Post
    I don't know if Clone BD supports interlaced VC-1, but the VC-1 issue in BD-Rebuilder has been fixed for some time. It actually never was a bug directly in BD-Rebuilder, instead the bug was in the lav decoder that BD-Rebuilder relies on. The issue was fixed in the decoder and BD-Rebuilder can process interlaced VC-1.
    That has NOT been my experience at all. Granted it's been a few months since I tested, but the last time I did, it sure failed like before. Keep in mind that while I respect the guy who wrote BDRebuilder, his sycophantic followers on Doom9 are just the worst and they are very prone to saying crap is fixed when it got maybe 1 test and it worked and it may not be fixed at all. But I have an interlaced VC-1 BD around and when I get some time I'll give it a shot and see if it's really fixed or it's just a "We tried it once and it worked so we're saying it's fixed".

Appreciate the info but my skepticism is well founded. They have claimed in the past that it was "fixed" and then had to back down from that. Interlaced VC-1 is fortunately rare but the standard crap answer on Doom9 from the author's pals was usually "Your setup isn't right". He had to admit on his own that there actually was a problem more than once after his buds kept calling posters idiots and blaming their setup.
    Quote Quote  
  16. The only way I have successfully played a cinavia disk is with BD Rebuilder. Shrink the disk to DVD-9 with bdr and then play the disk through an old DVD player such as Coby. Works great for me, just no high definition. Even playing the DVD-9 on my Samsung blue ray player doesn't work. Loses audio after 20 minutes. So I just live with it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have an older Phillips BD player that will play copies too BD or DVD. My newer LG players won,t but if I rip to MKV and play on USB drive they play fine.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I purchased this.

It does not work on any Blu Ray, yet all other programs do.. sucxh as Nero Recode, Xillisoft, Pavutable, Idree etc

The encoding completes but the soun is indistinct and/or overridden by a screech and the video/audio slows down and then speeds up.

I tried raising a TQ, but they keep closing the tickets saying nothing is wrong, just because it completes the encoding process.

So firstly, it is unreliable, secondly the lack of customer service from both Slysoft and Elby is atrocious and their attitude sucks.

In my opinion and based upon my experience, please steer clear of this. You need an upfront decrypter anyway - so use AnyDVDHD (yes I knw that;s slysoft too -but it works) and any other copying program.

technically and ethically i cannot recommend this program to anyone
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BKN View Post
    I purchased this.

It does not work on any Blu Ray, yet all other programs do.. sucxh as Nero Recode, Xillisoft, Pavutable, Idree etc

The encoding completes but the soun is indistinct and/or overridden by a screech and the video/audio slows down and then speeds up.

I tried raising a TQ, but they keep closing the tickets saying nothing is wrong, just because it completes the encoding process.

So firstly, it is unreliable, secondly the lack of customer service from both Slysoft and Elby is atrocious and their attitude sucks.

In my opinion and based upon my experience, please steer clear of this. You need an upfront decrypter anyway - so use AnyDVDHD (yes I knw that;s slysoft too -but it works) and any other copying program.

technically and ethically i cannot recommend this program to anyone
    It has been suggested by a moderator that I submitted this just to let off steam, in a rather sarcastic manner (them I mean).

Well, in a way that is true. After the vendors kept closing all my tickets down and refused to refund or help I did feel all i could do was resort to social media to express my disgust at the way i was treated.

However everything I said is factual and demonstrable.

Of course this site costs money to fund and run, and possibly this site's best interests are not served by criticism of these companies. That is my conjecture, but happens with many other sites and printed magazines; however does not help me resolve the problem an dis not where I am trying to take the thread.

THAT ASIDE... I AM ALSO USING FORUMS TO INVITE ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO OVERCOME THIS. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS WHAT MAY BE CAUSING AUDIO TO DISTORT AND THE AUDIO/VIDEO TO SLOW DOWN THEN SPEED UP.

I hope that has put the record straight. If at any time Slysoft or Elby wish to make even one suggestion or work with me in any way, I will be pleased to post their co-operation too.

Meanwhile, yes letting off steam, but in a genuine and accurate way and I feel potential users have a right to know. I have waved goodbye to my 99 Euros
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!