VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am trying to embed a Vimeo film with autoplay and mute. The basic embed code I was given for an inline frame was:
    Code:
    <iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/113086369?api=1;autoplay=1" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allow fullscreen></iframe>
    For clarity, I am not including width and height. This code is good for autoplay but not for mute. I understand there are ways to do this using api and javascript, but after three days of trying, I cannot get it to work. Instead, I tried using HTML 'object'and 'embed' tags with parameters, but still no luck. Finally, I hit upon the new(ish) HTML5 'video' tag which seemed straightforward. The code is currently:
    Code:
    <video src="/player.vimeo.com/video/113086369" autoplay muted loop</video>
    but now the video does not appear at all - nor do any others. I thought that Vimeo videos are H264/MP4 and that this is an accepted formats for the new tag. But I have tried other videos and none appear, so I doubt it is protection or security. What am I doing wrong? To repeat, all I need is an embedded Vimeo video with automatic start and muted. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm a little rusty, but here's what I believe I see (if it's not exactly right, at least it might get you on a right track)...

The src URL may not be well-formed (complete absolute address) enough, the mute element is really only valid within Javascript, and you might need to define the mediatype for the player to parse/understand it correctly (since vimeo only has a stream ID#).
    Plus, your link seems to be private, and embedded links need to NOT be private (it's a permissions and/or DRM thing).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    I've just tried the following code:

Code:
    <HTML>
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/113086369?api=1;autoplay=1" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allow fullscreen></iframe>
    </HTML>
    and all I got was this:
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    I've just tried the following code:

Code:
    <HTML>
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/113086369?api=1;autoplay=1" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allow fullscreen></iframe>
    </HTML>
    and all I got was this:
    Yeah. Further to that when the embed snippet is read I get this:

'The owner of this video has set domain restrictions and you will not be able to embed it on all websites. Please contact the owner if you would like permission to embed this video.'

Check what restrictions you have placed in your privacy settings.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks to Cornucopia and El Hegunte.

El Hegunte, this might be a browser issue as the iframe displays the video seems to work fine on Firefox (33.1). This is the complete code.
    Code:
    <iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/113086369?api=1;autoplay=1" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe></script>
    The reason I can't use it is because the code to 'mute' using the api will not work.

Cornucopia:
    Yes, I missed out a slash '/' but that was only in this thread, not in the actual code. I've tried inserting an MP4 'type', but still no luck. I wonder if there is a specific type for Vimeo? The privacy issue is strange because the video plays using inline frame and the embedding code is freely given by the creator. Also, I thought the 'muted' element was a valid parameter in the 'video' tag? This is how the code stands at the moment:
    Code:
    <video src="//player.vimeo.com/video/113086369" type="video/mp4" autoplay muted loop></video>
    No joy, though.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You have to grant permission somewhere in settings. I can embed the video and get it to run smooth but only if I capture the token and embed the full link in <video src>. The minute I close the browser and rerun the test code..., it's like the cookie resets and I can't open it again.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Transporterfan:
    'The owner of this video has set domain restrictions and you will not be able to embed it on all websites. Please contact the owner if you would like permission to embed this video. Check what restrictions you have placed in your privacy settings.
    Thanks. I will have to ask the video developer to do this.
    Quote Quote  
  8. To all responses so far, thank you. Really appreciate it. Compared to an un-named other forum, three or four friendly replies is heaven! I will contact the video developer and see if she will be willing to amend the privacy settings. This might take a day or so, if she is willing to do it - and if that is the issue. Unless there is a specific coding mistake I've made and can solve this sooner, I need to wait until I hear from her.
    Quote Quote  
  9. The full source address looks something like this with the token set:

http://pdl.vimeocdn.com/73427/182/311953640.mp4?token2=1418087880_7297a0ddc06c8a597980...907dc14dd3b360

It may work for you but the token and session ID will probably change and make it inaccessible.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!