VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    solved (Dec 30, 2014)

i can't remember it. i lost the tablet over a month ago and then found it last night under my couch pillow, but i can't get into it.

all the power was drained from it somehow and i couldn't start it up. so i left it plugged into the wall all night. now it starts up but i can't remember the password.

what can i do ? sell it and just get another one ? best buy had one for $149 on sale last week. i should have just got another one.
    Last edited by vhelp; 1st Nov 2016 at 11:02.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Take a look at this on YouTube:
    How to Reset Windows 8 Password on Dell Venue:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQlvBo_uvBI
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Easy methods

Shows how easy it is to bypass without additional software, thou attached keyboard would be handy... done it a few times without problems.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sorry for the long delay. I have since found the password. but I have another question...

how do I find out what memory or storage size mine is ?

control panel only mentions the internal memory, which is 2gigs. but I can't find it anywhere else though I tried googling for it, but still no luck. I looked on my device and it says it is model # T01D, if that helps.

solved the size info: my model has the 2GB internal ram, and 32GB eMMC storage plus a 32GB microSD card slot for additional storage.
    Last edited by vhelp; 1st Nov 2016 at 11:01.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can get a lot of info with SIW: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/siw_(system_info).html There may be portable versions out there also that don't need installing. This version has adware, so be aware and do a custom install. But it's still a great program.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    You can get a lot of info with SIW: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/siw_(system_info).html There may be portable versions out there also that don't need installing. This version has adware, so be aware and do a custom install. But it's still a great program.
    I also forgot my windows 8 password, it's HP laptop, does this method work for me?
    Last edited by redwudz; 28th Jun 2016 at 23:03. Reason: Fixed redirect and banned poster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    SIW may show some passwords, but not likely the system PW. It's more for system information.

Try one of the other methods mentioned above for password recovery.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    A factory reset could erase your password.
    Last edited by Roes; 26th Jun 2017 at 22:52.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    He's gone.
    Quote Quote  
  10. You can get a lot of info with SIW: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/siw_(system_info).html There may be portable versions out there also that don't need installing. This version has adware, so be aware and do a custom install. But it's still a great program.
    if you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.

If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset password online. For more info, go to the Reset your password webpage.

If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.

If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    Last edited by Cindyharkey; 5th Jul 2016 at 04:14.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cindyharkey View Post
    if you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.

If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the Reset your password webpage.

If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.

If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    A friend of mine got a used computer from an as is store
    and the computer asked for the password when powered on,
    He removed the battery on the motherboard and pushed the Reset memory
    button, re installed battery, waited a few minutes, pushed power button
    and the computer started without asking for a password.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    jxkinerr

If you visited the link I posted

Next to Tim Fishers pic it say's "Some other ways also exist to recover or reset a forgotten Windows 8 password, like using password recovery software." ... which if followed mentions these applications already.
    Quote Quote  
  13. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Time to lock this thread, me thinks.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!