VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My Sony LCD has 4 HDMI ports. One of the ports is acting strange. When you connect a HDMI cable to a laptop, it doesn't show the entire resolution from the laptop on the TV. About 1" is cut off on all 4 sides. It doesn't matter if I change the screen resolution. All the other HDMI ports work fine, just this one (on the side of the TV). I've tried changing screen settings and resolutions but nothing works.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Is this one of those TVs you were using while having problems with the poor HDMI cable in that other thread? Maybe they're related.

It would help if you give us actual details, such as Model #s, setting choices, etc.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. It's completely normal for TVs to overscan. Most things you've watched on TV were overscanned. You just didn't notice because you had no external reference and professionally produced TV material takes into account that most people won't see the outer few percent of the picture. Look for a pixel-for-pixel setting and enable it for that HDMI port. Different manufacturers use different names. On some you have to set the port name to PC.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is also likely a setting in the video drivers of the laptop.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!