VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. The burner didn't come with software on making copies of my blu Ray movies movies and burning it to a blank disc to play on blu Ray player. I use a Mac.
    I'm done some homework and toast titanium software looks promising but at 99 dollars, a little steep and Nero burning software the same price. I downloaded MakeMKV but how do I burn it to a blank disc to play on my player?
    I am interested in keeping the quality of the audio-my top priority.
    If toast is the answer, I might have to bite the bullet and purchase it.
    What are my options?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread moved to the mac forum where you can get more help.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Toast does not rip or copy encrypted or copy protected content, with excludes most commercial Blu-ray discs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVDFab HD Decrypter is Windows and OS X-compatible Blu-Ray software for making 1:1 copies. Although I have never tried DVDFab HD Decrypter, I know it has a good reputation among members of this website who rip their movies.

The trial version is supposed to work for most older movies. Ripping recently released titles requires a paid subscription for their software. I don't know of free Blu-Ray burning software for OS X, but maybe burning with DVDFab HD Decrypter will be good enough.
    Quote Quote  
  5. "21 days" DVDFab9xxx trial version work on new movies too.

- http://www.dvdfab.cn/
    Quote Quote  
  6. You can also try MakeMKV which can be used to backup a disc. Select the "Backup" option and check the box to "Decrypt video files." Burn the resulting decrypted backup with the burning software of your liking.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HemLok View Post
    You can also try MakeMKV which can be used to backup a disc. Select the "Backup" option and check the box to "Decrypt video files." Burn the resulting decrypted backup with the burning software of your liking.
    Re-read the initial post in this thread. The OP has tried MakeMKV. The problem is that he does not have OSX-compatible Blu-Ray burning software he can use to make a Blu-Ray disc from the backup copy decrypted by MakeMKV. If you know of software he can use that costs less than Toast Titanium, he is still waiting for a suggestion.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by HemLok View Post
    You can also try MakeMKV which can be used to backup a disc. Select the "Backup" option and check the box to "Decrypt video files." Burn the resulting decrypted backup with the burning software of your liking.
    Re-read the initial post in this thread. The OP has tried MakeMKV. The problem is that he does not have OSX-compatible Blu-Ray burning software he can use to make a Blu-Ray disc from the backup copy decrypted by MakeMKV. If you know of software he can use that costs less than Toast Titanium, he is still waiting for a suggestion.
    Apologies. I did read the post. Not sure how exactly I missed that entire sentence and, frankly, just completely mangled most of the post in the reading comprehension department. Sadly, since I don't run any systems with OSX I can't give a suggestion for a specific burning software.

DVDFab does offer decrypting and burning in one package and has already been suggested. I'm not a huge fan of "suite" software, in general, let alone DVDFab, specifically, however. But, to each their own. If DVDFab works for the Cool joe then there's an easy solution.
    Last edited by HemLok; 8th Dec 2014 at 23:19.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just to add, the OP mentioned '1:1 copies.' Quite a few commercial Blu-ray discs range from 22GB to close to 50GB. But BD RW discs are ~24GB for single layer and dual layer BDs are ~ 47GB.
    Not all commercial BDs will fit on a RW BD disc. And DL BD discs are a bit expensive.

Of course if you dump all the 'extras', many BD movies by themselves will fit on a single layer BD disc. And if you re-encode just a little, most all will fit.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I decided to bite the bullet and I ordered toast 12. Thanks for those that answered my question. One last question, to do a true 1:1 copy of my collection, do I use makeMkv?
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just to be exact a single layer blu-ray disc can hold up to 23.3 gb.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!