VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am a newbie on the forums and didn't see an existing thread. I have 3 Roku boxes and all of them have been working flawlessly with Plex for over a year. I use one frequently and it is working fine; one is used once a week and one is seldom used. The one I use a lot is fine but the other 2 load up Plex but show nothing in the libraries. WiFi connection is excellent and they were working last week. Roku is streaming all the other streams like Amazon but not the Plex. I reset one Roku to factory settings and even though it is showing "excellent" on my WiFi signal I still don't get anything but empty libraries. I am using the latest version of Plex. Any help would be appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by skipper49 View Post
    The one I use a lot is fine but the other 2 load up Plex but show nothing in the libraries.
    1) What I'm going to suggest first seems unlikely on the face of it, but that behavior is exactly what will happen if the Rokus and server connect to different networks. (I know this because I have 2 networks and one day I was stumped for a while when Plex loaded up and showed nothing in the libraries. Then I remembered connecting the computer hosting the server to the other network the day before, and not changing back).

So check your networks to see they match one last time.

2) Rebooting the Roku doesn't fix it? Unplug/replug.

3) Did you go through the Plex linkup routine again? You'll get a PIN and a link to go to on your computer. The PIN you have to enter at the link.

4) Try installing RARflix channel on your Roku instead (free slightly modified Plex channel) and link that to your server. This came out when Plex started holding new users for ransom for a small one-time charge after their "trial" (never mentioned earlier) ran out. Note that the Plex Media Server you installed on your computer is unaffected, so leave it alone. Though maybe you shouldn't have updated the server to latest version?

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/79897-rarflix-modified-roku-channel/

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you, I had done the rebooting several times. I installed the RARflix and the pin and that took care of the problem on one, including the regular Plex channel is working again too.

The second one is on a repeater and since I did a factory reset I have to start at square one. Having a problem getting it to connect to the repeater again since I did the reset. Rebooted repeater and Roku but still not playing nice. However, I think it is a repeater problem since my tablets won't connect to the repeater either. So I'll work on the repeater problem and report back. But your RARflix suggestion seems to have fixed the problem on one so I will do the same to the second when I can.

Thanks again!
    skipper49
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!