VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Does ffmpegX work in Mavericks? I'm trying to install it but am stuck with mpeg2enc, mencoder, and mplayer.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I've been able to install ffmpegX in Mavericks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I don't use ffmpegX but if I remember correctly, I think we had some posts about it not working when Mavericks first came out. You might want to be sure it works under Yosemite before you upgrade to that in the future. Glad you got it working. You'd have probably eventually gotten a response, but sometimes Mac issues take just a little while for responses here.

Just FYI, it was fine to post this in the the ffmpegX for MacOSX section as that is exactly the kind of problem you had, but as a general rule here, if you have ANY problem on a Mac, probably 95% of the time you should post in the Mac forum for help. Often people think that they have an issue with program X when actually what they really have is a Mac specific issue with program X. Mac forum posts get a special symbol and the Mac folks here look for that symbol on the main webpage.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I've got ffmpegX working but I don't know whether it can't concatenate mp4 files so I've started another thread: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/368767-Concatenation-of-mp4-files-from-Lumix-GH4
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!