VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am wanting to burn a disc of an HD video that I have. It is actually a NY Yankees baseball game that I recorded from my DVR box to my computer. It is a 1920 x 1080 interlaced .m2ts file that plays fine on my computer. I burned it to a 50gb Blu-Ray verbatim disc using Cyberlink PowerDirector and I noticed that the fast action parts of the video are not smooth. For the encoding format, I chose 1920 x 1080/60i. I am wondering if I need to encode it to 1920 x 1080/24p instead or if there is something else I need to do. These discs are not cheap to say the least and I want to make sure I have it right. Thanks for your help in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by maverickluke View Post
    I am wanting to burn a disc of an HD video that I have. It is actually a NY Yankees baseball game that I recorded from my DVR box to my computer. It is a 1920 x 1080 interlaced .m2ts file that plays fine on my computer. I burned it to a 50gb Blu-Ray verbatim disc using Cyberlink PowerDirector and I noticed that the fast action parts of the video are not smooth. For the encoding format, I chose 1920 x 1080/60i. I am wondering if I need to encode it to 1920 x 1080/24p instead or if there is something else I need to do. These discs are not cheap to say the least and I want to make sure I have it right. Thanks for your help in advance.
    Strictly speaking, you may or may not need to re-encode. It depends on your source, and what your Blu-Ray player allows. For example, some Blu-Ray players can play an m2ts media file from a BD disc, and others would need the file to be properly authored as a Blu-Ray video disc.

Download MediaInfo and post the information about the m2ts file from its View->Text option so we can see what your source is like. Note that the installer for MediaInfo includes adware. If you would rather not have to read through the installer windows carefully to ensure that the adware does not get installed, download the portable version. The portable version of MediaInfo is under the "More download options" heading on MediaInfo's page in VideoHelp software section. We also need the model number for your Blu-Ray player to see what options it allows for video playback.

As I recall, PowerDirector always re-encodes the whole file after editing. There are smart encoding editors that accept m2ts files and only re-encode 1 or 2 GOPs adjacent to a cut, but they are not free.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 3rd Dec 2014 at 08:47. Reason: grammar
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    1080/60i is not valid for BluRay, although AVCHD 2.0 spec allows it now I think. For a BluRay you should have chosen 1080/30i. Your DVR is recording a 30i (well, actually 29.97i) signal. If you have a 29.97i option in addition to 30i, choose the 29.97i.

You may want to invest in a re-writable 50GB BluRay disc. I have one by Verbatim for testing. For those who don't know, yes, unlike DVDs where DVD+/-RW DL discs were barely tested and then abandoned, BD-RW DL actually exists.
    Last edited by jman98; 3rd Dec 2014 at 08:37. Reason: fixed typo
    Quote Quote  
  4. 1080/60i is the same thing as 1080/30i. Just different naming conventions. Both mean 29.97 interlaced frames per second, or 59.94 interlaced fields per second
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    1080/60i is not valid for BluRay, although AVCHD 2.0 spec allows it now I think. For a BluRay you should have chosen 1080/30i. Your DVR is recording a 30i (well, actually 29.97i) signal. If you have a 29.97i option in addition to 30i, choose the 29.97i.
    No. 1080i30 (29.97 frames per second) and 1080i60 (59.94 fields per second) are the same thing. At some point sombody decided that 1080i60 sounds better than 1080i30 and confused the matter by counting fields rather than frames.

Pipped at the post again...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    OK, but would you bet anything significant that you have 100% confidence that PowerDirector is for sure producing 30i output instead of 60i? And I'm talking frames, NOT fields here. Because until I see a MediaInfo report on what he produced to look at, I'm not going to assume anything. But you may both be right.

maverickluke - Install MediaInfo and try to go to the STREAMS directory on your burned disc and open the largest m2ts file you find with it and post the results so we can be sure what PowerDirector created for you.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is my MediaInfo report...

General
    ID : 1 (0x1)
    Complete name : D:\Jeter\Finalized Files\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.ts
    Format : MPEG-TS
    File size : 24.4 GiB
    Duration : 3h 4mn
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 18.9 Mbps

Video
    ID : 1984 (0x7C0)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : MPEG Video
    Format version : Version 2
    Format profile : Main@High
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, Matrix : Custom
    Format settings, GOP : M=2, N=14
    Format settings, picture structure : Frame
    Codec ID : 2
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 17.6 Mbps
    Maximum bit rate : 20.0 Mbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 29.970 fps
    Standard : Component
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Scan order : Bottom Field First
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.284
    Time code of first frame : 00:00:00;00
    Time code source : Group of pictures header
    Stream size : 22.7 GiB (93%)
    Color primaries : BT.709
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
    ID : 1985 (0x7C1)
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Mode extension : CM (complete main)
    Format settings, Endianness : Big
    Codec ID : 6
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 384 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : 20ms
    Stream size : 506 MiB (2%)
    Language : English

Text #1
    ID : 1984 (0x7C0)-CC1
    Format : EIA-608
    Muxing mode : A/53 / DTVCC Transport
    Muxing mode, more info : Muxed in Video #1
    Stream size : 0.00 Byte (0%)

Text #2
    ID : 1984 (0x7C0)-CC3
    Format : EIA-608

Text #3
    ID : 1984 (0x7C0)-1
    Format : EIA-708

Text #4
    ID : 1984 (0x7C0)-2
    Format : EIA-708
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The video is not bad actually. During parts of the video when there is fast action like people running the bases and actual fielding the video is a bit jittery.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by maverickluke View Post
    The video is not bad actually. During parts of the video when there is fast action like people running the bases and actual fielding the video is a bit jittery.
    That suggest the video was encoded with the wrong field order or that the original interlaced frames were blend deinterlced so there are only 30 different picture per second now (even though it's encoded interlaced again).
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Since the MediaInfo report is for a .ts file, rather than an m2ts (you stated that the DVR gave you an .m2ts file), I'm guessing this MediaInfo report is for the ts file produced by PowerDirector.

[Edit]Bad guess. This is the original. I see that there are closed captions. Closed captions would be destroyed by re-encoding.

I often play files with similar specs on a Blu-ray player. However, both the source files and the files produced by the editor I use (VideoReDo TV Suite H.264) are encoded top field first.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 3rd Dec 2014 at 10:01.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Was this the original ? From your other thread ?
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/368561-Handbrake-Video-motion-choppy?p=2358379#post2358379

Very rare for HD video to be BFF . By convention, TFF is the standard

What did you do next? Videoredo edits? (I notice it's shorter now, so did you cut out commercials?) Quickstream fix ? Describe all your steps
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The original file was an .M2TS file, but I needed to clean it up with videoredo and ts-doctor to make it more playable. That converted it to a .ts file. The ts file plays perfectly now in VLC and WMP. I just want to burn this to a Blu-Ray disc and create a chapter menu so I can archive it for a long time. I am also going to use Handbrake to create an mp4 file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It could be that the issue with motion was already baked into the image even before being DVR'd, though I'd think we'd need a straight up raw-from-dvr clip to confirm.

Then, most likely one would need to do a unique field/differencing check to track that all frames have their original, natural cadence, then proceed with deint, etc. from there.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @maverickluke, what you and many others may THINK is perfectly playable might not be. That's why we need to check originals (if possible) and work from there.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am not sure what you mean by you last reply. What should I do? I am not very savvy at this.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cornucopia is asking you to upload a short sample clip from the original m2ts file. You could try using tsmuxer (suggested in your other thread) to do this.
    Quote Quote  
  17. He means cut an unprocessed segment from the original, original for examination . Before videoredo, before tsdoctor or anything.

You could use videoredo for that, cut a section that corresponds to the stuttering that you see on BD

Software players can play through many errors or problems. So the fact that it might look ok on a software player doesn't necessarily indicate anything. Do you recall the handbrake error log? The original stream was full of errors

It might be the other processing that caused the problems, so if there is nothing wrong with that first sample, we may have to look at the processed video (after you ran it through videoredo or tsdoctor) and/or the powerdirector after that.

Basically you need to look at this thing in steps to see what went wrong, if error is in the original or introduced through one of the steps you took
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think VideoReDo provides the option to export a clip without processing it. At least I don't recall seeing an option that turns off fixing the stream.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Although BD media prices have come down, to reduce the number of "coasters", what most people do before burning is mount an ISO (disc image) and use dedicated BD software to test the disc image first (e.g. power dvd, windvd) . Dedicated BD software is more sensitive to BD specific errors, than generic software players like VLC, MPCHC etc...
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I don't think VideoReDo provides the option to export a clip without processing it. At least I don't recall seeing an option that turns off fixing the stream.
    It doesn't do anything if you set : Detect / resync missing frames :ignore

Or your suggestion of tsmuxer would probably be "safer"
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm afraid nothing with this file is easy. In videoredo, when I try to save the cut file it says MPREG stream error: Video output buffer not flushed when starting new segment. In tsMuxeR when I try to open the file, it says unsupported format...Some tracks not recognized
    Quote Quote  
  22. In tsmuxer, are the primary video and audio recognized ? The other streams like secodary video don't matter. (really only the primary video matters)

Or use DGIndex. Open the video, and move the slider and use the "<" and ">" buttons in the GUI to navigate to the final position and mark in/out with the "[" , "]" buttons in the GUI, file=>save project and demux video . All we are really interested in is the .m2v elementary video stream
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Loaded the video in DGIndex and tried moving the slider, playing and preview and I get the same error with anything I try to do: Cannot find audio or video data. Ensure that you PIDs are set correctly in stream menu. Refer to the users manual for detail. Now this is way over my head and I don't understand this.
    Quote Quote  
  24. I suppose using ffmpeg commandline is out of the question for you?

You should be able to cut a sample with some ffmpeg GUI

Try XMediaRecode
    1) Load the file by pushing open file button, select the file
    2) Format Tab, select Format : M2TS, profile : custom, file extension: m2ts. Output stream type : Video only
    3) Video Tab, mode: copy
    4) Filters/Preview Tab: you will see the same buttons in the GUI "[" for mark in "]" for mark out
    5) Push Add to Queue button at the top
    6) Push Encode Button
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Struck out with XMediaRecode. I followed all of your steps but when I went to use the slider and mark in and out to encode, I couldn't get a preview and even mark any positions. I will try any other programs and steps, and in terms of ffmepg command line....not without a step by step walkthrough.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Probably ffmpeg won't work if you dont' see a preview in xmediarecode

Try avidemux

Or MKVMerge GUI, using global tab, there are splitting options (it will be re-wrapped into mkv container)

Or DGSplit as a binary splitter
    http://neuron2.net/dgsplit/
    Quote Quote  
  27. Or why don't you just record a 15 second segment from the DVR again?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tried MKVMerge with this error message.......Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 138 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 32 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 32 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 658 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 106 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 290 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 400 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 488 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 400 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 584 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 488 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 584 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 1582 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 216 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 846 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 414 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 106 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 216 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 598 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 474 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 658 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 304 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 290 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 474 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 800 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 998 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 998 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 984 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 138 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 984 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 1398 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 1058 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 414 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 800 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
    Warning: 'D:\Jeter\Jeter Final Game Yankee Stadium.m2ts' track 1: This AC3 track contains 304 bytes of non-AC3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.

Going to try DGSsplit
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wait a minute.....Houston, we have lift off. I was able to split the file into chunks. Please tell me what size chunks, how many, and how to load them so you can take a look at it.
    Quote Quote  
  30. It's a binary splitter so it will work with anything, not just video

It's going to be difficult to find the chunk corresponding to the section you want, but try a 100MB chunk . VLC should be able to preview them

I'm going to guess that you have many issues here, including gaps in the audio

(Or maybe the jerkiness is normal since Jeter was waaay overrated and not that smooth to begin with )
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!